Chapter Four // Saving lives is their biz

"Hey sis, wanna go on patrol with me?" Chat Nior asked. Jewel looked at him and asked him a question. "Adrien, did you ever think about who Ladybug truly is?" Chat Nior was taken aback and replied, "Yeah, almost all the time..." His luminous green eyes stared out into the great beyond, and sighed dreamily. Jewel rolled her eyes and said, "Did you ever find out who she is?" Chat Nior shook his head vigorously while Jewel facepalmed. "Can't you see?! Ladybug is Marinette!" Adrien's mind immediately flashed to the sweet yet clumsy girl who sat behind him. "Uh it can't be her... She's too clumsy..." Jewel sighed before she yelled out, "Winter, claws out!" Bright white lights flashed before Chat Blanc pushed her twin out of the window. "Sheesh, how is Paris not overridden by akumas yet? Go on, I bet Ladybug is already getting old." Chat Nior grinned and ran on all fours towards the Eiffel Tower, his sister behind him.

____________________________

Marinette scribbled answer after answer on her tablet as Tikki nibbled on her favorite chocolate chip cookies happily. Marinette threw down her stylus onto the table and stretched while yawning. "Tikki, what time is it?" The tiny kwami finished her cookie and looked at the clock. "It's nearly seven." Marinette immediately jumped up and screeched. "Oh no! I forgot that I had set a new patrol timing with Chat today!" She shouted "Tikki, spots on!" before disappearing into the night.

____________________________

"Chat! On your left!" Chat Blanc shouted as the two cats fought an akumatized victim called 'Diamond Knife'. One of the two diamond knives (duh, it's in the name) sliced through the air towards the black cat. Just then, a spotted yo-yo knocked out our of the air and missed Chat Nior by a few centimetres. "Missed me?" A familiar spotted hero appeared, her weapon retracting. Chat Nior grinned at her. "Purr-fect timing, M'lady." Chat Blanc shouted out, "Hello Ladybug! Now can we focus on the fight?!" as she bent backwards, avoiding a sharp blade that was flung at her. The white cat retaliated with a blast of ice targeted at the villain, momentarily freezing the knife throwing victim. Ladybug looked at her with wide eyes. "You have powers?" Chat Blanc laughed, her blue eyes trained on the victim encased in ice. "Of course. Has my brother never told you?" Chat Nior grinned sheepishly as Ladybug rolled her eyes. "I never knew you even existed in the first place, let alone know that his sister is Elsa Jr!" Chat Blanc's head snapped towards Ladybug and snarled, exposing her sharp canines. "You did NOT just-" That moment, Diamond Knife exploded out of the ice and shot out two knives. "CATACLYSM!" Chat Nior shouted, as one of the knives landed beside him. "Brother, WAIT!" Chat Blanc yelled, but her twin took no notice and touched the sharp diamond knife. The diamond started growing black, but it didn't even crack. "Whaaaat?" asked a super confused Chat Nior before he somersaulted backwards as the newly made black knife sailed towards him. Chat Blanc groaned as she tried freezing the villain again. "Don't you remember yesterday's class?! Diamonds can only be cut by diamonds!" Ladybug frowned and yelled, "Lucky Charm!" A flash of red, and behold!

A diamond appeared.

Ladybug picked up the pastel red and black spotted jewel and frowned at it. "How are we supposed to defeat THAT dude with THIS tiny little piece of shinyness????" She looked up, and the diamond knives, Chat Blanc's hands and the diamond in her hand flashed. "Chat Blanc, ice that villain's hands and feet!" Chat Blanc nodded and shot blast after blast of snow and ice at the akumatized victim. "Got her!" Yelled Chat Blanc. Ladybug shouted at Chat Nior, "Distract her!" The black cat saluted Ladybug before he ran at full speed towards the iced up villain. "Hey flashy, wanna play tag?" Ladybug raised her hand and threw the diamond as hard and as accurately she could. The diamond hit home, vaulting off one of the knives after it cracked into tiny shards to the next knife. The second knife's fate was the same like the first, and as the second one burst, a black butterfly flew out. "Time to de-evilize!" Ladybug cleansed the butterfly before she turned back towards her partner and her new friend. Her face broke out into a large grin as she looked at the two cats standing before her. "Pound it!" The three of them yelled, triple bumping their fists together. All at the same time, each of their miraculous started beeping. Ladybug threw a smile at the twins before disappearing into the night. Chat Nior sighed dreamily as his sister facepalmed before helping up the akumatized victim.

____________________________

The two cats made it home just in time as they transformed back to their civilian forms. "Adrien, have you thought about it?" Jewel asked, thinking about the Marinette-being-Ladybug situation. Adrien looked at her weirdly. "Think about what?" Jewel groaned and pulled out a piece of mozzarella cheese from her jacket. Winter smiled happily and took it from her before sitting down with Plagg, who was affectionately hugging his cambert on Adrien's desk, cooing stuff like 'who's my precious rind of cheese' and 'you look so cheesy!'. Adrien flopped onto his bed as Jewel opened the door, planning to go back to her room. "Waaah!" Jewel screamed. Adrien immediately launched himself out of his bed towards Jewel, but froze halfway.

His mother was standing in the doorway.

Her warm green eyes met Adrien's own set of eyes and smiled gently as Jewel backed away from the door towards Adrien, her hand over her mouth in shock. "Hello."

____________________________

"Marinette!" The girl whose name was being shouted landed through the trapdoor above her bed and transformed back. Just in time too. The latch door burst open and Alya poked her head through. "Girl, what were you doing? I have been calling you for like, forever!" Marinette scratched the back of her head nervously and grinned. "I was er... Napping! Yeah..." Alya didn't look convinced, but didn't press any further. "Well anyway, I have this AMAZING footage of this new superhero! She was fighting alongside Ladybug and Chat Nior and she looked LEGENDARY!" Alya pulled out her trusty phone and pulled up a photo. It was of the white cat superhero blasting ice at the villain. Suddenly, Marinette scrunched her nose and said, "She looks a bit like Jewel, don't ya think?" Alya squinted through her glasses at the photo and shrugged her shoulders in the end. "Well, ask her tomorrow then!" Marinette had a weird feeling that her suspicion was true and that she really was going to have to ask the golden haired twin of Adrien.

___________________________