Chapter Nine // Race for The Cure (Part 1)

Jewel.

Jewel was, in conclusion, smart, and fast thinking, but in that very moment, her entire mind was blank. She had no idea whatsoever what to do. She was looking at the only three people in her life that she was the closest with.

And she couldn't do anything to help them.

The school nurse was calling the hospital, her face filled with worry. Jewel looked at the pale face of her brother, and immediately went to the bathroom.

"Wynni, claws out!"

~-~

Jewel had a list of suspects already noted down, but the number one on her list was the one she was most intended on finding. Scanning the Paris streets from the top of the Eiffel Tower, Jewel tried her hardest to find a suspicious building, but to no avail. In the end, she went home angrily, her nerves numb with the blinding hot cluelessness.

"Jewel! Thank God you're okay!" Jewel was embraced by Natalie, and stood there, stunned. Natalie held her at arms length and smiled tearfully. "At least you're okay..." Suddenly, tears started streaming down the woman's face, snapping Jewel back to reality.

Adrien.

Marinette and Star.

"How is Adrien?"

Natalie's face turned paler each second as she led Jewel to the 'containment room', which was located further away from everyone else.

In the attic.

Jewel took a deep breath and pushed open the rather old wooden door.

"H-hey Jewel..."

Adrien laid back on some cushions on a old mattress, waving weakly at her. Jewel was going to start breathing again when she caught sight of Adrien's hand.

His hand was turning black and flaky.

Jewel screamed, something that she rarely did, as Natalie, who was behind her, dropped to her knees, her eyes brimming with tears. Handing Jewel some papers with a shaky hand, Natalie got up and left, still shaking. Jewel wasted not a single second reading the paper that was entrusted to her.

DOCTOR REPORT

She skipped to the most important point, at widened her eyes as she read the fatal line.

'Cause of infection: Consumption of Toxic Chemicals'

~-~

Hey guys!! I'm sorry, but this is more of a... Filler chapter. :P
I am really busy this holiday, not with work (lolz), but rather with my new earned games. :3

Don't worry!! I'll try to make the next chapter longer, so...

VOTE

COMMENT

AND SUBSCRIBE (actually follow lol but nvm)!!!

I REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT!!

BAIII :3