Chapter One // Jewel and Adrien's paw-some secret

Jewel's eyes warmed up a little as she smiled at Adrien. Adrien was her only friend that was (exactly) her age, as she was very anti-social and was always stuck in her room. It was partially because of her ice powers. (I can see you guys starting to sing 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman' here. Mind you, when Adrien tried that, Jewel blasted him with a gigantic snowball.) Whenever Adrien came home, he always tried to convince her to go to school with him, but when her hands stayed to glow, he would vanish immediately to his room as Jewel went back into her room. But went the moon came up, she was the one who ran to Adrien's room. Together, they leaped out of the window, flashes of goldish green and snowy white lasting for awhile, lighting the night for a second, before they disappeared as if they never happened before. But before the lights faded, two figures, one black with two emerald eyes, and one white with two blue eyes were seen, their pointed ears twitching, before they vanished into the night, their tail-like belts after them on their tail.

_____________________

"Jewel, wake up please." Jewel immediately pushed off her blanket and yawned once before walking past Natalie and got dressed for morning class, which was fencing. Adrien, on the other hand, snored away, oblivious to Natalie, who in the end ordered Jewel to his room for the 'Operation Freeze'. Jewel rolled her eyes. She would rather her brother not wake up for his daily school, but Natalie's word was law. Although the age difference between her and Natalie was very large, she still treated Natalie as her older sister. As she walked into Adrien's room, the temperature dropped a few degrees downwards, but Adrien (being Adrien) continued sleeping, not aware at all. (Why did the temperature drop? Because Jewel was very cool. Hahaha! You... Don't get it? Okay... Nevermind...) Jewel snapped her fingers, her black Stygian iron ring sparkling in the sunlight that was streaming through the curtains. (And FYI, her ring is also her Miraculous, only that it is the opposite colours of Adrien's one, and when she transforms the ring turns into silver.) Frost crawled up Adrien's hair, coating it with powdery snow. Jewel touched one snow coated strand of hair with her index fingertip before backing away.

To put it in short, Adrien's hair exploded into a puffball.

Jewel giggled silently before Adrien's emerald peepers opened. When he was fully awake (or not), she was already gone, leaving a trail of snow in her wake. He yawned and stretched like a cat, wondering why was it so cold. "Me-OW!" Adrien saw something wavering in front of his eyes: a strand of fluff. He groaned inwardly, and went to the bathroom to tame his fluffball of hair. But not before playing with his poofy hair for a bit. He is part cat after all, you can't blame him.

____________________________

Jewel was still silently smirking as Adrien entered the dining area, his hair looking tamed but you could still see some strands poking out of the gelled back hair, which was quite funny as Adrien hated gelling his hair. (He said it made his hair look oily.) He glared at Jewel before picking up half of a ham and cheese sandwich. Natalie inspected him curiously as he peeled the cheese off the ham and bread and placed it separately on the plate in front of him. Adrien grinned sheepishly as Natalie raised an eyebrow at him and enquired: "Do you not like this brand of cheese?" Adrien quickly replied: "Uh, y-yeah, Pla-I mean, I love it! Um... Save the best for the last?" He nervously giggled as Jewel rolled her eyes. Under her white leather jacket, her kwami, Wynni, laughed quietly enough for Jewel to hear only. "Looks like Plagg's not gonna get so much cheese soon!" Wynni mewled, making Jewel grin a bit. "Well, I better leave then, I wouldn't want my trainer to wait for me!" Jewel laughed, picking up her training bag before slipping out to her private fencing lessons.

____________________________

Adrien Agreste was not happy about the 'Operation Freeze' situation at all. He still smiled though, thinking about how cool Jewel would be if she wasn't so antisocial to other people. As Ms Bustier talked about math concepts, he suddenly had a paw-some idea: what if his twin could be friends with Ladybug?! His eyes lit up with excitement, when he heard Marinette's voice. "Erm, sorry Marinette, I was dreaming! Could you please repeat what you said?" Marinette blushed before saying that she was talking about how to find an algebraic expression. For now, Adrien pushed away his thoughts to think clearly. The pun-derful idea would have to wait.

____________________________

Jewel finished her fencing lesson before the lessons with Natalie. As she sat down gracefully, Natalie placed a folder full of documents on the table and told Jewel: "Now, please tell me about the relationship between the distance and speed." Jewel finished up her lesson in a second, and decided to use the rest of the time to play with her white cat kwami, Wynni, but a message from Adrien came.

Adrien da King of puns:

Hey Jewel, come to the bottom of the Eiffel Tower now, it's an emergency.

Wynni flew over and read the message, and when both of them looked out of the window, the moon shone brightly at them. Winter smiled and waved a paw and said, "Jewel, if you want to power up into Chat Blanc mode, you gotta to feed me mozzarella cheese!" Jewel reached into her leather jacket and pulled out a soft rind of sweet smelling cheese. She tossed it to Wynni, who ate it happily before dabbling at her mouth with a small handkerchief. "Wynni, claws out!" Bright white lights flashed in her room before the Chat Blanc gracefully leaped out on to the window sill. She easily retracted her claws before typing a quick message to Adrien, or now Chat Nior. She grinned, her transformed sharp teeth gleaming in the moonlight as she ran on all fours towards the large tower.

____________________________

Just before Adrien texted Jewel, he used his baton to call Ladybug's yo-yo. "Hello my lady!" He enthusiastically mewled. Ladybug's masked face appeared on the screen as she sighed. "Chat, you're lucky that I'm in Ladybug form now, or else I won't be -" "My lady, I'm terribly sorry but there is no time now. Can you meet me at the foot of the Eiffel Tower now? I want you to meet someone."

____________________________

A/N (You can don't read this)
Hi there! I suddenly got this idea to write about this, so I made my own cover (I'm super proud) and here we are! There will not be so many author notes and chapters will be slow, but please support and I'll try my best!

❤️ Akiko