Chapter 1

Okay here is the first chapter to the sequel. I had an idea so I'm writing the second story. Enjoy :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later.

Team Prime had been summoned to the Pentagon with Agent Fowler. They had been asked to report on what had taken place in the past few years. Optimus had been hesitant at first but Agent Fowler said they didn't have anything to worry about. Rachet wasn't able to go, plus he didn't care to be drilled by more humans. He stayed behind to work on the formula, he felt like he was getting close to solving it. The base was quite without everyone else there, and the kids weren't around either.

"It's nice to have some peace and quiet for once." He grumbled.

An hour went by and he heard a car approach. He sighed heavily and ignored the car.

"Rachet?" June called. He smiled to himself and turned around as she walked over.

"I heard you were by yourself tonight, so I brought you something to eat." She said smiling and holding up a bag. He looked at her curiously and shrugged. They sat on the ground and ate Chinese food. They talked and laughed for awhile.

"June?" He asked. She looked up. "Do you remember when I asked if you wanted to go on a date?" She smiled and nodded. "Is that what this is?" He asked. She thought about it for a minute.

"Ya, I suppose it is." She said smiling. She sat closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. He put an arm around her and kissed the top of her head. They sat there for a moment. June looked up at him and smiled.

"I have an idea." She said and helped him up. She walked over to the computer and plugged her phone in. After a minute a song started to play and she walked back to him. She gently gripped his cane and he held on as she pulled a little.

"I-I-I don't know about this." He said looking down.

"Trust me." She said smiling. He smiled nervously as she took his hand and set the cane aside.

"Just lean on me and shift your weight a little." She said.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. It took a little time but they managed to get a rhythm and danced slowly to the music. When it was over he looked at her and they gazed into each other's eyes.

"June, I don't know if I've ever said it before. But I love you." He said and she smiled.

"You've never had to say it. I've always known." She said smiling still, and she hugged him tightly. "I love you too Rachet, with all my heart." She whispered. He hugged her tightly and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack laid in bed as he waited for his mom to return. She had gone to the base just before he got home. She had been gone for five hours. He needed to talk to her, but he wasn't sure what to say. He sat up and rubbed his face. He heard the door open and his mom humming softly. Taking a deep breath he walked out of his room to talk to her. She was smiling as she hummed and he felt a knot form in his stomach. He cleared his throat, she looked up and smiled.

"Mom we need to talk..." He said and her smile faded.

"Not now Jack, please." She said heading to the kitchen.

"Mom please." He said the knot seemed to grow. She sighed and looked up at him. He took a deep breath.

"I don't think you....should be spending so much time with Rachet." He said, she stared at him.

"And why is that?" She said. He hesitated, he couldn't read her expression.

"Because... He's going to find the solution and become a Cybertronian again." Jack said. "And he'll break your heart cause you can't be with him." He mumbled.

"I don't care." She said and started grabbing somethings to make dinner. Jack felt himself getting frustrated.

"Why do you always date the men that can't stay? You never have success with men, they just break your heart." Jack said out of anger. He realized to late what he had said. The sound of a pan slamming onto the counter made him jump. She whipped around and glared at him.

"Jackson Darby." She said her voice rising. "Young man you have no right to speak that way." She said trying to calm herself.

"I-I-I'm sorry....." He mumbled and hung his head. "I-I-I just...." He went quiet. She sighed.

"I know this is hard for you." She said gently. "But Rachet makes me happy. He makes me feel like I can be a better person." She said and set some plates out. "I've never been happier with anyone else, but you." She said and ruffled his hair.

"Does he really make you that happy?" Jack asked curiously.

"Yes..." She said and went quiet. Jack felt the knot again.

"What about....?" He trailed off unable to finish. She sighed, gripped the counter, and hung her head.

"Jack......" Her voice caught. "If our relationship...." She bit her lip. "...makes you uncomfortable....just say so...." She looked up and he saw tears in her eyes. He hung his head and nodded.

"...yes...it does..." He mumbled.

"...okay..." She muttered and finished making dinner. After she was done she gave him a plate and walked to her room.

"Are you going to eat?" He asked.

"....no..." She mumbled, walked into her room and closed the door. Jack buried his head in his hands, and thought about what they had talked about. A wave of guilt washed over him.....what had he done?

~~~

The next day.

Rachet heard a car approach and he turned to see June. He furrowed his brow as he watched her approach. She looked like she had been crying for a few hours, and she bit her lip as she came closer.

"What happened?" He asked when she stood in front of him.

She covered her face with her hands and choked back tears as she stared into his eyes. The nurse suddenly started to cry and he wrapped his arms around her. He stood there confused but held her tightly as she cried into his jacket.

"Shhh....it okay." He whispered softly.

She cried harder and hugged him tightly. June buried her face into his jacket and he rested his head onto hers. After a few minutes her sobs quieted down, and he held her until she stopped shaking.

"I'm sorry...." She whispered her voice slightly muffled.

"What's wrong?" He said softly, a horrible feeling come over him, and he wasn't sure he wanted her to answer.

"I've been so selfish...." She mumbled, her voice catching slightly. "...I didn't even think about how Jack felt..." She gripped his shirt tightly. He knew where this was going, and he hugged her tighter. He squeezed his eyes shut as he felt pain in his heart.

"I....can't.....see....you...." She started to cry again. "....anymore..." She choked out. She broke down again and started to sob. He knew she didn't want to say it, and knew she didn't mean it. They stood there for a while longer.

"Rachet.....I love you so much." She whispered softly. He felt as though someone had stabbed him in the heart.

"I love you, June..." He said quietly.

She looked up at him, set her hands on either side of his face and kissed him. The doctor didn't want to let go, he knew when she left she wouldn't be back. They broke apart and she bit her lip as she wiped a tear from his face. She hugged him tightly and he held onto her hand as she walked away. He hated to see her go.

When her car disappeared, he limped back to his computer, and typed for a minute. The realization suddenly hit him, and he gripped the desk. He hung his head and cried silently.