Chapter 6

June said goodbye to her fellow nurses and headed out. As she passed the front desk one of the girls snapped her fingers to get her attention. The nurse walked over and waited patiently as the girl finished on the phone.

"Mrs Darby, someone came in a few minutes ago looking for you." The girl said as she hung up the phone.

"Oh? Was it Jack?" She asked.

"No ma'am, I know what Jack looks like." The girl giggled. June felt herself getting impatient.

"Okay, then who was it?" The nurse asked. The girl thought for a moment.

"Honestly, I don't know. He asked if you were here and I told him I wasn't able to tell. He wasn't very nice about it and he left." The girl said pouting slightly. "Who knew some people don't like cheerful attitudes?" The girl said.

"Thanks..." June said. "But next time get a name." She smiled as she left.

The nurse walked out of the building and headed to her car. As she looked up she saw a figure standing by her vehicle and she stopped. The figure smiled slightly, she grinned. The nurse walked faster and almost ran to him. She hugged him tightly and he swayed a little, but managed to steady himself.

"Rachet, I've missed you so much." She said as she held on to him. The doctor smiled and hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you as well, June." He mumbled. She looked up at him.

"What are you doing here? Don't they need you at the base?" She asked quietly, he shrugged.

"I needed to see you, plus Optimus can take care of it for a while." Rachet said as he smiled. She looked down again as her smile faded.

"I'm sorry about what happened...." She muttered as she fiddled with his jacket.

"So am I... but Jackson apologized for.... How did he put it?.... for being stupid." She looked up again. "Don't worry I didn't say anything." He smirked. "But I figured I shouldn't let things get in the way." He said quietly. They stood there quietly for a moment as they held each other.

"Oh, how I missed you." She said hugging him tightly. He smiled again, held her close, and kissed the top of her head.

~~~

Later that day.

Bulkhead sped into the base, and jumped out when he stopped the car. Wheeljack and Miko followed as the wrecker stopped in front of Optimus.

"They took her." Bulkhead said as he panted heavily. Optimus looked at the other two curiously and furrowed his brow.

"Mikos friend Jinx was kidnapped by some guys." Wheeljack said. The girl started to cry silently.

"How did this happen?" The leader asked. The wreckers quickly explained and the room went quiet.

"We tried to follow, but we lost them." Miko said as she choked back her tears.

"There's something else..." Bulkhead said seriously, as Optimus glanced at him. "Jinx wasn't just taken by some men. She was taken by MECH." He glared. The leader looked at them for a moment, then turned to the doctor.

"Rachet, can you track them?" He asked.

"I can try...." The doctor responded and he started typing.

"Don't worry Miko, we'll find your friend." Optimus said as he set a hand on her shoulder. The girl sniffed and hugged Bulkhead tightly.

~~~

The next morning.

Rachet was laying flat on his back under the console. He was trying to fix something underneath, that had accidentally broken again. He had his bad leg stretched out and his cane was still hanging on the rail. He grumbled about human technology, and the computer beeped as an incoming message came through.