Chapter 12

Silas stared at the screen and narrowed his eyes as he looked at the dots. He was monitoring where Team Prime was located, and thought of the next course of action. One of his men walked over to him.

"Sir, you asked if we could figure out where their leader ended up." The man said as he handed him a device. "This will also tell you what they have been up to since we trapped them in the field." Silas read the writing and smiled wickedly.

"Send some men to get rid of Optimus Prime and whoever is with him." He said as he handed it back. "The others will be easier to dispose of." The man nodded and took off. Silas looked over at their prisoner and smirked before going back to the computer.

Rachet didn't catch what they had said, but he knew it was bad. He winced as he shifted uncomfortably. He looked back at the clock and bit his lower lip. The kids would be out by now and were probably trying to contact their guardians. He narrowed his eyes and looked at his broken cane as he tried to figure out what to do.

"Are you comfortable Old man?" He looked up and glared at the person that stood over him. Jinx smirked and folded her arms as she stared down at him.

"I wonder what you really look like." She said as she walked to his other side. He continued to glare as she crouched down and looked at him curiously.

"I've had a few encounters with your kind. I saw the spider one when she worked with my Uncle, the jet was an interesting robot." She said looking at her nails. Rachet glared at her.

"But the very first of your kind I ever met, called himself Breakdown." She said smiling wickedly. "I actually kind of liked him." She muttered.

"Silas told me you're some sort of aliens. But you seem to be pretty human to me." She said as she stood up.

"Besides... You don't seem so tough anymore." She said as she set her foot on his bad leg and applied pressure. His body went tense and he yelled through gritted teeth.

"It was so easy to infiltrate your base. The stupid boy dropped his computer, and while he was distracted I put a little chip into it." She said as she smirked. "It made him think it was broken, and once he plugged it into the wall, a virus was released." Rachet glared at her as pain continued to shoot through his body.

"The rest was easy. We sent a fake transmission through the virus to split up the team, and used it to open the door for us." She sneered. The pain increased as she pressed harder and he clenched his fists. Silas looked over his shoulder as he heard the doctor cry out.

"Jinx." He said warningly. She looked over at him and glared. Then stopped and glared at the doctor. She crouched down and the medic narrowed his eyes as sweat rolled down his face. He did not like this girl.

"If you mess up or try to escape, you'll have me to answer to." She growled angrily and walked away. Rachet closed his eyes and leaned his head against the rail as he panted quietly.

~~~

Optimus felt as though something was terribly wrong, besides their current situation. He didn't know what it was and it made him uneasy. He scanned the area again looking for a way out. Bulkhead jumped off the car and looked passed the road. He smiled as an idea came to him.

"Optimus!" He yelled over the roar of the flames. "I think I know how to get out of here!" He said.

The leader nodded once and the two men got back into the car. Bulkhead shifted the car into four wheel drive and drove straight into the brush. He dodged the trees and plowed through the forest. They came to a wall of fire and he swerved to avoid it. He scanned the flames and realized they were surrounded.