Thirteen-Lexi

(A/N sorry I haven't posted in forever. If you like this story, will you please help me spread it around?? I really want more reads:) this is the last chapter I have written already. I am about halfway through with writing chapter fourteen, so I will post it when I'm done. I've been pretty busy lately so it might be a while...sorry guys. But thanks, you guys are awesome:) don't forget to vote please:) )

"HEY, ARE YOU Lexi?" the girl with bright red, dyed hair behind the desk asks me. I nod, and she shakes my hand. I notice she has quite a thick layer of eyeliner on, and there is a silver stud in her nose, but she is actually really pretty. "I'm Sydney," she adds. "I've been excited to meet you, I'm tired of being the only girl working here. I mean, I love Josh to death, but...let's just say I get a little lonely in here sometimes."

Sydney gestures around the music store indifferently, showing off black-painted fingernails. She seems really nice and friendly, but she reminds of one of those emo girls in movies.

"I'm supposed to be 'training' you," she says, using air quotes, "but to be honest, working here isn't that hard. Come back here, I'll give you your name tag."

I walk around to the other side of the desk and she hands me a silver, metal name plate reading "Lexi." Pinning it onto my shirt, I hear Sydney pop her gum as she explains what I'll be doing during my shift. When she is finally finished, she smiles and says, "Got it?"

"Sure," I say, looking around. "Is it usually this empty here?"

Sydney shrugs. "We're not to busy most of the time...I wonder where Josh has gotten to. JOSH! Where'd you go?" she calls into the back room. "Lexi's here!"

I giggle. "You don't have to make a big deal out of it."

A voice yells back, "Coming, Syd, Jesus!"

I smile as a thin boy about my age walks out of the back room. He has curly, black hair and dark eyes, and a long nose. He gives off an air of kindness, and smiles when he sees me, revealing perfect white teeth. I hate to say it, but he's kind of handsome.

"I'm Josh," he says, holding his hand out. I take it and return his smile.

"Lexi," I reply. "Nice to meet you."

As the few hours pass by, lightly working and chatting, I get to know Sydney and Josh a bit better. I find out that Josh is a fellow senior, and goes to school with me-I'm new, of course, so I don't know many people yet. They are both really nice, and I like them.

Good job, Lexi, I tell myself, friends are exactly what you need.

When it is time for the store to close, I lock up and meet Sydney and Josh outside. The sky is dark and sprinkled with stars, washed out by city lights.

Suddenly, as I'm having a conversation, I see Sydney's eyes widen at something behind me, and before I can look around, a hand firmly grasps my shoulder. Bewildered, I look around wildly, and when I tilt my head backwards to look up, my eyes meet Landon's. I relax as I am confirmed that the person is not a crazy rapist or anything.

"Hey," I say, his heavenly features making my heart melt, his touch giving me butterflies.

"It's late, Lex. You've been standing out here for a long time."

"I told you not to call me 'Lex,'" I frown.

"Too bad," Landon smirks.

"Okay, well...I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow," I say to my coworkers, giving a small wave and allowing Landon to steer me to my red Beatle.

Once seated in the driver's seat, I look to my right, seeing Landon climbing into the passenger side.

"Why are you in my car?"