Twenty-Three-Lexi

(Author's note--sorry for the break everyone! I completely abandoned writing for a while because I had awful writer's block! Even now, the ending isn't as good as I'd hoped...but I'm glad that I got the ending out of the way so y'all can read it. As much as I will miss Long Distance, I think it's time for me to move on to more sophisticated writing...in fact, I'm already working on another story. I may be posting it in a few months if I am happy with the way it turns out.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for reading my first Wattpad story. It means so much to me that you gave up your time to read Long Distance! I hope you enjoyed it, even considering how unreliable I am with my updating schedule.

So this is the end of Long Distance--it's time to say goodbye to Lexi and Austin for a while. Thank you all so much for going on this journey with me, you made it a great one. Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk, but I won't be posting for a long time I don't think! I love you guys, and enjoy the last chapter! --Haley(: )

NEARLY A MONTH has passed since the gang incident, the night that Landon and I exchanged the three words that changed everything. Many conflicts have been resolved, and my life is simple and happy.

As for the gang, I am extremely relieved to say that the terrible men are all in prison, and Landon is innocent. After Landon confessed where he had hid their money, they found it and purchased drugs. But unfortunately for them, they were caught and arrested, and one of the guys came clean about everything else the gang was guilty of, resulting in a thirty year sentence for all of them.

I must say that I am getting tired of moving so much, but this time I am settled down for a while, and I won't be going anywhere, I hope. Yes, I've moved into Landon's apartment with him. It may seem like we are moving too fast, and perhaps we were...but for us it feels natural, and I am trying to take things as slow as I can.

It seems as my roller coaster of a life has come to a straight track. I visited my parents a few days ago, and I was very happy to see them. I saw Brittany, too. I'm so glad that I've had the chance to build a relationship with my family. Before we moved back here, I barely knew any other family, and it was just my parents and I. Now I have my grandparents nearby, and I visit them most of the time when I go to Morgan's, because they live in the same neighborhood. I also have become close to Brittany, and she is the sister I never had, and I am grateful for that.

Then there's Morgan, my best friend. In the past, I never really had a close girl friend. I did things with Sam and Jenny when I was dating Austin, but those limited double dates and occasional shopping sprees with Jenny were the only things I had that were somewhat close to what I have now. Morgan is someone that I can tell everything to, and I know she won't judge me and will stand up for me no matter what...and that's not something you can overlook easily.

And of course, I can't forget Sydney. She is a nice change because she's so different from my other friends. I think of Syd as more of a big sister, and the time I spent living in her apartment strengthened our bond to where it cannot be broken. Working with her and Josh has been amazing, and the three of us are quite a team.

As for Rylee and Jordan, I don't even care. They don't have enough power over me anymore to bring me down. And when they try, I know Morgan, Claire, and Haley will always be there by my side.

I talk with Austin every afternoon. I am so glad that he's back in my life, even if he is on the opposite side of the world. Landon doesn't really care about our friendship anymore. I swore to him that there is nothing left of our old feelings, and he believes me. We trust each other. And old feelings are nothing compared to the ones I have now, with Landon.

I return home from work on this Friday in a happy mood-because it's a Friday. I change into comfortable clothes and flip around on the TV, text Morgan, and wait for Landon to get home...usually, he is already home when I arrive.

Finally, I hear the door to the apartment open and close and I'm hurrying as fast as I can to him. Landon.

His face lights up when he sees me, and I jump into his arms. He lifts me up and kisses me as I gently touch his cheek.

"How was school?" he asks.

"Boringgggg," I sigh, as he sets me down. I climb onto the barstool in the kitchen while Landon pours himself a glass of water. "Why are you home so late?"

He looks at me with a grin. "Because."

I frown. "Because why?"

"I may or may not have gotten you a surprise."

I perk up at his words. "Aw, what?"

Landon places a box about the shape and size of a dollar bill on the counter in front of me. I look at him excitedly. "What is it?"

"Open it, Lex."

I gingerly open the box to reveal two tickets.

Plane tickets.

I look straight into Landon's eyes, already close to tears. "You didn't-"

He smiles. "Yes I did. We're going to New Zealand for Christmas."

•••

I know, deep in my heart, that New Zealand will always be my true home. I was scared to death to leave. But now, I see that I have a place here in Oklahoma. This is my home, too.

All of the relationships I have built in the short time I have been here have progressed quickly and bloomed into the strongest bonds imaginable. I am so grateful for everyone in my life now, and everything that has happened to me.

I was forced to start a new life, which I did not want to do. I didn't want to let go of my paradise home and my perfect boyfriend and my private school. But now, I see that it is what I needed. I needed a fresh start, a clean slate.

Landon Brown is my fresh start, and I love him with everything I have. He is my new beginning, and he will be my end.

My journey of starting over and moving on was difficult and heartbreaking. But now, I know where I belong, and who I belong with.

It's true what they say. Everything happens or a reason. And sometimes you have to let go of what you think your heart wants, to know what your heart truly needs.