Too much for today

Chapter 8

After Ciel and Sebastian left me with undertaker, He offered me one of his coffins for me to sit in, He went inside a dark area which I think was his kitchen because when he went out of it he was holding a beaker with water and teabag on it.

He handed me the beaker with the and said “Don’t worry love its sanitized” He said, I took the beaker of tea and took a sip. The tea is good

“Want some?” He smiled widely at me I just stared at the bone shaped cookie

“Is that a dog biscuit” He laughed

“No I made this” I grabbed the cookie and took a bite “It’s delicious.”

He smiled at me then went back to his work.

I watched him tend the dead girl’s body. How can he even manage to work if those bangs are in his way.

“Uhm Undertaker?” I called, He looked at me with a wide smile in his face

“Yes love?”

“Can I help you?” I asked ‘Ok that is not what I intend to say but I don’t even know how to start a conversation with him, I feel nervous just being with him. The same feeling I have whenever Sebastian is around.’

“Are you interested in the dead?” He giggled

“N-no I-Im just bored that’s all” I looked at me side shyly

“Can you make some flower arrangement for me? I mean for this Lady here” He pointed at the corpse ‘thank god he did not asked me to help him tend the body!’

“I could do that”

“Very well love come with me” I followed him at a room full of flowers

“It smells so nice here”

“Now love you can play with all the flowers here, when your done you can bring it outside” He gave me a smile then went out of the room, I heard him say something

“It’s nice having someone help me here he he he”

“What an odd man.” I rolled up my sleeves put my hair in a bun and started making some flower arrangement I combined White lilies and Purple Chrysanthemums then put some leather leaf behind the flowers arranging it in a triangular shape.

When I’m satisfied with my job I went to undertaker and handed him the flowers

“Ohh! That’s lovely! You’re a good one, why don’t you work for me?” He gave me that smile again.

“Why me? Why don’t you hire someone else?”

He stood up then grabbed both of my hands. “Nobody likes me, They are scared of me because they think I’m a lunatic” He said but his smile never left his face.

I feel ashamed, The truth is even I once thought he was a lunatic, I looked down holding back my tears the he held my chin up with his finger “Don’t cry now love I don’t care about those things.”

He wrapped his left arm around my waist then pulled me closer, he rested his head on my right shoulders then whispered “How about we have some fun?” his breath tickling my ears

“W-what Fun?” I replied shakily

“How about you try one of me’ coffins” My eyes widened ‘gosh anything but the coffins!’ I thought.

I looked at him maybe I can make a bargain.

“Fine! But under one condition!” he tilted his head then asked.