Chapter 5 Father Instincts

THIS COMIC MAKES ME REALLY EMOTIONAL *CRIES IN CORNER* HELP I CANT STOP CRYING

Sky POV
Anthony looks at me with disbelief. So does everyone else.

"You heard me. I want to adopt Anthony." I say with a serious face. "Are you ok with that Anthony?" He nods wildly with the cutest smile on his face and I pick him up and swing him around.

"The generals gonna be my daddy! The generals gonna be my daddy!" He chants as I hug him.
The lady hands me a clipboard for me to sign out. I sign it out and Anthony asks a lot of questions. I answer all of them. I hand the clipboard back to the lady.

"Now, usually you wait three days to get your newly adopted kid, but I think I can make and exception." She says with a smile. "You can take him home today."
Anthony looks at me with excited and adorable eyes.

"Why don't you go get your stuff?" I say. He nods and drags me with him.
We enter a tiny room filled with beds and chests. He opens a chest with his name in blue crayon on a piece of paper taped on.
Inside was three tank tops, and a few pairs of pants. All that was left was a picture frame with him and what I assume were his parents. He hugged it tight. My heart sank when I saw how little he had.

"Is that all you have?" I ask. He nods

"We can't afford that much. We went low on funds since no one will donate." He says with a low head. I feel awful. I reach in my pocket and pull out a budder ingot. I hand it to him.

"Now I want you to give it to the nice lady and say its for the nursery." I say. He runs off to the lady and hands it to her. She had an amazed look on her face. I walk out to Anthony. The lady gives me a very happy face. She had tears of joy coming from her eyes.

"We can not thank you enough mr. Sky" she say wiping the tears away. I smile at her.

"Anytime. And don't worry, I'll be back. Maybe with the prince." I say and all the kids cheer. Even some of the adults clap. I pick Anthony up and walk out waving to all my new friends.

"So, how old are you Anthony?" I ask him. He puts 9 fingers up.

"Nine eh? Your a big boy ain't ya?" I laugh. He nods and continues smiling. Then I remember.

"We need to get you some clothes!" I say matter-of-factly. He squels a little 'yay!' And I run to the clothes store. I put him down and let him wander.
He looked at a lot of clothes and settled on a few hoodies and got a few shirts and pants. He also got a cute jacket, a baseball cap, and a nice bag. Hey, it was on sale.

"You look awesome." I say ruffling his slightly curly long blond hair. He giggles.

"Thank you Sky!" He beams. I have fallen in love with this child. I just wish I had someone to share him with.

"Your welcome kiddo." I smile. "Now come on, we got to go to my house. Its my first time there too." I laugh. He does too and reaches his hands up. I get the message and pick him up. He giggles as I swing him around and start walking.
We talked and talked until we arrived at a huge birch wood house. It was lovely, with a garden in the front and a pool in the back.
I think Anthony was more amazed than I was.

"First I'm adopted by the best person in existence and now I live here?! Best day ever!" He sqweals. I chuckle at his reaction.
He runs inside. My bags should already be in there. I run in after him and scoop him up. He yelps in surprise. I spin him around. The inside is well furnished too. I put him down.

"Now I have some work to do so you can go check out the house ok? Call me if you need anything!" I say and he nods and runs off. I sit down with the battle plans the queen gave me. I examine them and edit them. Once I'm done I go on my laptop and research the Dead Kingdom.
In the middle, I heard a scream. It came from upstairs so I usumed it was Anthony. I nearly threw my laptop. I ran up the stairs and to the screaming. I opened a door to see Anthony pointing to something out the window. I look down to see a limping man in the distance.
I grab Anthony and rush downstairs and out the door. I hold him tight. I run out the gates and over to the man. I put Anthony down and let the man put his arms around me for support. Anthony holds on to my pant leg.

"Sir are you alright? What happened?" I asked examining the multiple scratches and wounds and his face and limbs. His nose and mouth drip blood.

"Ty... Gone... Bandits..." And then he collapsed. Ty was in trouble? Oh no. I threw him over my shoulders. Anthony watched in amazement. I started walking to the obsidian gate.
Once I got there I felt like collapsing myself. This man was a lot bigger than me. But no. Anthony looks up to me. I have to do this. For Ty.
The walk was long to the castle. It took about an hour to get there. And about 45 minutes in, Anthony collapsed. So I carried both of them. I made it to the lobby where the front desk lady had the royal healers come and pick him up.

"Is the man going to be ok?" Anthony says with tears in his eyes. He was shaking. I wrap my arm around him and hugged him. He wrapped is weak arms around my waist.

"Im sure he'll be fine Anthony. Don't worry. Cry. Get it out." I say pulling him on my lap. He crys and crys into my shirt. I rub his back for soothment. He hiccups and his breathing slows.

"Adam Dahlberg! The healers would like to see you!" A woman said motioning me to come over. I pick Anthony up still crying a little. I try and sooth him while following the woman.
She lead me to a room with the man in it on a bed. They had cleaned up his cuts and wounds. I swear I've seen him before. The man opens his eyes to have glowing hazel eyes.
The answer hits me like a truck.

"Seto?!" I yell. He looks at me and his eyes widen a wide smile comes across his face.

"Adam?!" He says weakly but excitedly. Anthony walks up to the man. Seto pinches his cheek and he giggles.

"Who's this cutie?" Seto asks ruffling his hair. I put a hand on Anthony's shoulder.

"This is Anthony. He's my new son." I say as he wears those words like a medal of honor. Seto looks at me amazed.

"You had a son? Who's the mother?" He says smirking and lifting his eyebrows. I blush. Seto hasn't changed a bit.

"I'm single. I adopted him earlier today." I say scooping him up.

"Are you going to be alright Seto?" He asks and I lean down so he can touch him. Seto smiles.

"You don't have to worry Anthony. I'll be fine. Can't say anything about Ty though... Wait! Ty!" He shoots up. "He was taken!"
This does NOT help Anthony. He starts crying again. Seto and I try and sooth him.

"Shh shh it'll be fine! We'll get him back dont worry! Don't cry!" Seto says trying to calm him down. He sniffles and dives into my chest crying. I need to get Ty back. For Anthony and for Ty.
I walk out of the room with Anthony still crying in my chest.

"Sky where are you going?" Seto calls out.

"To tell the king and queen." I simply respond. I walk right into the throne room. "Your Majestys, I have news for you." I say sternly. They both look at me.

"Go ahead Sky. And what's with the kid?" The King laughs.

"This is my son Anthony." I say kissing his forehead. I here 'aww's frilom the guards and the king and queen. "But the news is-"

"Ty was taken by bad guys!" Anthony blerts out. Everyone gasps. "Sorry, Sky..." He says with a low head.

"Its ok kiddo." I say and then look at the king. "As Anthony said, The prince was taken by something and an old friend told me that."
As if on cue, Seto burst through the door panting and wheezing.

"Ty was taken *wheeze* by some bandits. I think *wheeze* that they were Squid soldiers. *pant*" he chokes out before falling down. I rush to his side. He's still awake. I drag him back to the healers.