Chapter 9 A Knife To A Gun Fight

Sky POV
I stood there strong. But on the inside, I felt weak. I felt Anthony's panicking breaths on my skin. How could he? Anthony didn't do anything! He should kill me, not him. Wouldn't that get him closer to Ty?
Mitch stood near the castle looking ashamed. His hand over his head like he had a lot on his mind.

I looked down at Anthony. He's nose was running, tears bursting from his eyes. I've seen him cry before, but not this bad. He's grip was pitiful, but I knew he was grabbing as hard as he could. I rub his cheek with my hand and kiss his forehead.

"I won't let him take you away. Not in a million years I swear. I will fight my hardest to keep you alive. Don't worry..." I promised as he huged me and puts his head on my shoulder. "I promise..."

I hear his breathing slow and he stops hiccuping. "You alright now?" I ask him, still in the hug. I feel him nod on my back.

"Your a better dad than my parents I had before." He sniffles. I give him a look of confused look. "My dad would yell at me and hurt me when I did something wrong and my mother didn't care. She just kept drinking some stuff that made her crazy. She offered me some but it smelled weird and I didn't want to go crazy like her."

I sigh. Thank god he didn't take it. He's a little angel. I chuckle and pick him up. I walk over to Mitch.

"I know Jerome is a jerk. But if you knew the whole story, you wouldn't be mad at him. You'd actually feel sorry for him." He says looking away from me. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"What whole story?" I ask. He sighs and turns to look at me. His ginger hair Jiggle's when he did.

"Ty... Was his. About three years ago. They fit together like two factory made puzzle pieces. I've never seen a truer love in my life. But one day, the Queen got very sick. So sick, that she didn't make it through the night.

Ty didn't know. The king panicked and hired a mage to erase this devastating moment from the kingdoms minds. He checked that everyone was inside the kingdom when he cast the spell. Me and Jerome happened to be out without telling the King.

The spell had one requirement. One person, had to forget the thing that mattered most to them. The King selfishly choose Ty. His own son of all people.

Ty had to forget his love for Jerome. Jerome was furious at the King. Ty's love was something nothing could replace. He yelled screamed and even scratched at him. The King was not mad. He felt he deserved it.

Jerome went through... A tough time. He started getting snooty and grumpy. He started getting mean. He would kill just for Ty to be back with him.

He's protective of him and when you just strutted in with him in your arms, it was kinda like you were stealing him from him." I says looking at me. I felt awful. I didn't know.

"There was also, that you had a child that ticked him off." He says rubbing his arm.

"Why would Anthony tick him off?" I say putting an arm close to Anthony. He sighs.

"You were not Ty's first at fatherhood." He says looking at Anthony. "And 'Anthony' was not his first kid."

"What?" I ask giving him a weird look. He sighs for the thrid time and continues.

"Jerome and Ty adopted a kid named Clover. They loved him with all their hearts. Until he died in the war." He says. I gasp. "Anyway, don't tell anyone what I told you."

He walks away dragging his sword across the pavement sharpening it. I turn around and Anthony grabs my finger. I lean against the wall and sigh.

An arrow slings right next to me making me jump. I look over at it. It has a note attached with a key. I rip it off and read it.

Northern Tower room 288 of East Wing
Caption Jerome Of The Royal Troops

In case you want to make things right