Chapter 12 A Deal's A Deal

Ty POV
I felt the knife press against my neck, his robe scratching the back of my head. His arm around my waist and his other holding the knife.

"Surrender your men and proclaim we won." He thunders making me shake. My dad stood there in terror, unable to speak. He looked at me with remorse, and him with pure anger. Not the anger when you have a temper tantrum, anger that could burn right through a mountain. He gripped his shining blue sword he realized what he had to do.

He dropped it. Right in front of him.

He sighed and bow down before him, the knife close to my neck stayed.

"You basturd, you said you'd free him." He was snarling. Breathing as heavy as a dragon. "Alright one, no I didn't. Two, surrender. Then I'll let him go." He stayed still, he picked up the sword, and got up on one knee. "I... Surrender..." He says shamefully. The knife moved a bit.

"NEVER!" He charged, holding his sword close with both hands, bolting at the other king. The mighty water animal didn't budge.

It was a quick, clean cut. Time stopped right in my eyes as I watched it happen. Right through the stomach, he began to bleed. He gasped and wheezed, not moving a muscle.

My father slide cleanly off the blade after the king tilted it. The knife was lowered from my neck as I drop to the ground, crawling over to what was there of my father. He wheezed, coughed, it was hard to look. I always saw him as a brave and strong man, never to be defeated. But before me brought me to reality.

"D-dad?" I was unable to finish the name I thought I'd say for much longer without breaking into tears. He looked at me weakly. "Hello my s-son..." He croked, smiling. Why was he smiling? Why wasn't he scared? Is this nothing to him? Was he... Expecting this?

"Your going to be alright dad... I promise. I-I'll get help! I'll-" he cut me off by stroking my cheek, leaving stripes of blood with his fingertips. "There is nothing you can do in time. You should have known this would have happened. I'm not as young as I used to be."

I knew he was right. I knew I was lying to myself. But I still could try 'that'. No. I couldn't let him know. I couldn't let anyone know. Not even father was worth it.

I felt the tears slide down, and I saw them land on his chest plate. He smiled. "Tyler, do not cry. I'm going to see Edward now, I'll tell him you said hi..." He eyes lost its bright red, more of a crismon now, they closed and his hand when limp.