2. Left

I do not own Vocaloid

EDITED: December 14, 2019

-------FLASHBACK START----

"My hand stinks" Megurine stated in disgust as she sniffed her left hand.

The pink haired woman was ordered by her mom to take out the trash. She rejected it at first for the reason that she was too busy reading her book. But when her mom started shouting, she immediately hopped off her bed to comply. She was completely aware that when she raises her voice, she forgets the meaning of no.

When she was finished with the trash, a high school student talking to someone through her phone entered her view. She examined the girl; she was wearing a uniform from Crypton High. A light blue long sleeves, black coat, blue ribbon stripes with white diagonal lines, gray skirt with black horizontal lines on it and she was wearing black knee socks.

'Wow, what a prestigious school'

She also noticed that the girl's hair was tied in pigtails and possessed a very rare color, teal. Completely lost in her staring world, she didn't notice that the girl had put her phone down and started strolling towards her.

'What. What is she doing? Is she approaching me? What did I do? Crap I must have been staring at her for too long', The pinkette panicked inside her head, having no idea what to say.

Darting her eyes around the whole place, she thought of getting some random stick and hit the girl using it but then she'll be charged for hitting a complete stranger who didn't even cause her any harm. Another plan was to turned back and run away but her legs were feeling too weak.

"Hey, do you need something?"

The girl's voice was high-pitched though she doesn't find it to be childish at all. Clueless, she let her eyes sink to ground.

"Are you alright?", the girl questioned in a concern tone. An assuring nod was given for a response.

"Um... are you sure?", another small nod.

"I know it may be rude to ask but, are you mute?"

If I was mute, I wouldn't have heard you

Her lips parted in surprise. "No, no I'm not", she began gaping up to meet the other girl's eyes only to find her self being mesmerized by the hue of her emerald eyes. Little did she know that she had been staring at it for an unexpectedly long period.

"You sure love staring at people". The girl defined, taking a step towards her .

"I-I'm sorry", Megurine apologized as sincerely as possible and faced away, trying to hide her embarrassment. "It's just that, your eyes are very pretty" She followed absentmindedly.

"You're sweet", Pink wasn't sure if she heard her right but she felt blood rushing up to her cheeks.

"Your eyes are more beautiful though", she glimpsed at the girl and teal met blue once again.

"T-thank you" The pinkette muttered, there isn't anything wrong with taking the words as a compliment right?

"What's your name? I'm Miku", she reached out her hand.

"Megurine Luka", their hands joined in a handshake. The latter's hand were deeply delicate and soft. And after a short while, Megurine finally had the urge to mutter a word but was interrupted with words that made her heart skipped a beat.

"That's a beautiful name that fits a beautiful girl like you. And it was nice meeting you Luka but I should really get going now. " A sincere smile climbed up to her features before she turned back and began walking away from the pink haired woman.

Pink had her eyes glued to the student as its figure began getting smaller as she flees. Unexpectedly, she stopped right in her tracks to face and approach her once more. Surprised, she muttered. "W-what is it?"

The tealette bit her lower lip, "I almost forgot to get something from you". Megurine tilted her head slightly in confusion. "Your number"

A pair of eyes tainted with the hue of ocean water narrowed as Megurine received those words. It's not that she was not prepared to share her number, it was that things such as these rarely happens especially to an introverted person like her. Moreover, she was curious regarding the reason behind it. "B-but why?", she responded, hoping that the twintailed girl didn't comprehend it as rejection.

Miku blinked rapidly, but tried to regain her composure. "Well... I was hoping this wouldn't be our last meeting"

Megurine didn't want to assume nor dig much as she heard her speak. But somehow, it felt like the girl before her had interest towards her. And to be honest, it was mutual. She gestured her hand in as if she was asking for something. Fortunately, Miku was able to read it as she immediately pulled out her phone from her pocket.

Not after a long while, Megurine returned the device to it's owner. They shared a caring smile though she was unawate that her cheeks were turning a bit rosy due to the uncommon warmth she was feeling beneath her chest.

------------------

Ceiling with the color of fresh snow finds themselves locked against Megurine's oceanic blue eyes. It seemed like the hands of the clock were moving in a turtle manner as she waited for the ring of her phone. Once in a while, she would get hold of her phone to check, despite of it not being in silent mode. It was just a text but she had never been this eager. She licked her upper lip, wondering why she was behaving so impatiently.

Out of the blue, her phone rang loudly and in the speed of light, Megurine opened the message to read,

''You're really adorable Luka ^^ I hope I can get to know you more."

Her hand crept up to her cheeks, being unable to knock off the deep reddish hue emerging on her features

_____________________