4. Kid

I DO NOT OWN VOCALOID

Edited: 12/14/18

-----------
"Do I look presentable enough?" Megurine mentally questioned herself as she did a twirl in front of the mirror, her gaze averting from her footwear up to her head. She picked a black sleeveless dress and her hair was neatly tied in a ponytail. The pinkette was a bit anxious about her choice of clothing since she was completely aware that she lacks fashion sense. In spite of this, she hoped that the outfit she pulled off was enough to impress Miku. Not that she had the complete intention to look perfect for her.

As of now, she still have thirty minutes to spare but earlier than never was always better.

A few minutes passed by since she began waiting for the teal haired's figure to show up. The corner of her lips lifted up for a genuine smile as she recalled the memory. "Going on a date with someone sure is a good feeling"

Wa-wa-wait, did she just said date? She questioned inside her mind. She was going to hang out with the same gender, so can she call it a date? In today's society, well not generally, it only goes for a girl and boy. Unless there were some romantic feelings involves between the two person, it can be called a date. But... a date, it's like testing if the person is your type or is it? Another hefty sigh flew out between her lips, she was such a dummy when it comes to these love thingy.

A span of fifteen minutes hopped off and that was when her brain began having doubts towards her "friend". Thoughts of being stood up crossed her mind, made her heart clench slightly. Looking at her wristwatch, she decided to leave after another ten minutes.

And so, ten minutes passed. She was getting impatient, and came to the fact that Miku really did stood her up. Annoyingly, Pink faced the way towards her home and was about to leave when abruptly, someone tugged on her wrist. She turned back to be welcomed by an exhausted teal haired. "Miku? Are you okay?"

Breathing hastily, she tried to regain her composure to explain quickly. "I'm sorry I was late, I was called back at school by one of my friends. Turns out that I forgot one of textbooks. I was going to get it tomorrow, but we have a test coming up with that book. I still had forty minutes after that but one of my teachers asked for some help in the classroom. It was already our meeting time when we finished. I was planning on changing my outfit but you might get impatient and leave. So I ran from my school to here and here I am"

The pinkette pulled out her handkerchief from her pouch and started wiping the sweat flowing on the tealette's forehead.

"T-thank you" Miku stated, a bit shy.

A meek nod. "To tell you the truth, I thought you stood me up"

Her eyes narrowed a bit. "I'll never do that" She gave a tight smile to the other girl as she hold out her hand. "Shall we go? I have two tickets for a movie"

She reciprocated the smile and accepted Miku's hand before they made their way. Her hand was trembling due to the reason that she wasn't used to intimate contacts with other people. Somehow, she wanted to ask Miku about how she seemed so comfortable with it; Was she used to it?

Lost in her thoughts, she was too absentminded to realize that her hand was slipping out of Miku's. But she wasn't able to do it completely when the teal haired gave her hand a gentle squeeze. This made Megurine's cheeks turn beet red but copied the gesture.

"You look beautiful, Luka" Her emerald eyes not meeting cerulean ones.

If a compliment like this can make Pink's heart race so fast already, how can she survive even an hour with the tealette? "T-thank you, you as well"