8. Unanticipated

EDITED 11/02/20

I DO NOT OWN VOCALOID

__________________

'Glad that's over'

Megurine arranged her things on her Khaki medium-sized backpack and fled the classroom. Before going home, she took a detour and stopped by the restroom to check on her physical appearance. A zombie, that's how she looks like. Her eye bags were deeply visible and a zit annoyingly grew on her forehead.

She was having a bad day. The girl awoke in the middle of the night and couldn't find the restlessness to sleep. A certain teal-haired girl kept filling her thoughts even for the fact that she tried to shoo it away. Furthermore, this morning when she was taking a shower, she got shampoo stuck in her eyes making her scream in frustration like a sailor in the room. Not only that, when she was walking out of the bathroom, her waist was accidentally hit by the corner of their table.

She had it tough.

At the time that she was eating her breakfast, she coincidentally spilled some ketchup on her snow-like white uniform; though she tried to cover it up by wearing a beige cardigan. Skipping class was an idea, but she needed to pass her home work. And that's how she ended up with her current situation. Standing in front of the mirror with a grumpy expression. And she thought that Fridays would be fun.

After two minutes of staring contest with herself, Megurine made up in mind that it was time to go home. While taking a stroll towards the exit, was she darted her gaze at the enormous clock in the placed at the center of the school building as it read 2:10pm. Having no plans left for the remaining hours of the day, she decided that sleeping sounded nice.

The pinkette headed straightaway to her room as soon as she stepped home. Being extremely tired, she lost the will to alter her clothes and so immediately let herself sunk on her bed. Her eyelids slowly let themselves fall closed as she falls into slumber. That is, until she heard the ringtone of her phone which signals for a text message. With indolence, Megurine reached out for the device.

"Hey Luka ;)"

In all honesty, Pink was too lazy to type a reply. But it was Miku. A familiar girl appeared in her mind, she was wearing black clothing. It was her again.

"Ditch her, you need some sleep", Dark Megurine ordered.

Another image appeared, this time she was wearing a light vibrant clothing along the with a halo above her head. It was light Megurine.  "Maybe she can lighten up your day",

Dark Luka began once again. "Listen Megurine, you're having a harsh day right?"

A mental nod.

"An annoying girl like Miku might make it wor-"

Megurine shook her head to clear the thought away, wondering why she would even think badly of the younger girl. In all honesty, having Miku's company was always a good part that makes her day. "I love her company". As she was about to start tapping the screen for a reply, her phone vibrated once more.

"You busy?"

"No, I'm not."

She received a reply instantly "You're home alone right?"

"Yes, why?"

"I was just thinking that maybe we can have a sleepover at your house? Well that is only if you want to"

Megurine actually had no experience regarding having a sleepover. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. "That sounds wonderful Miku"