Chapter 18.

SANYUKTA

  "Sanyukta! Princess?"I heard dad calling me from downstairs.

  "Coming." I said little loudly so that the voice could be heard downstairs.

  I then shut down my computer and ran downstairs, not at all wanting to keep waiting my dad.

  "You called?" I asked my father.

  He nodded and tapped beside him on the couch as a sign of asking me to sit.I sat beside him and waited for him to speak something to be more specific I wanted to know why he called me.

  "You met Mr&Mrs. Shekhawat right?" My father asked to which I nodded for him to continue further but I was confused not knowing where the topic is going.

  "Actually the thing is they want you to become their daughter-in-law but I said I need sometime to think.They agreed to it and I think the proposal is good but I want your opinion.You take sometime to think don't jump on conclusions I know you are mature enough now to take this decision any problem have take with me,Vardhan or Maya we will guide you."My father completed his speech.

  "I will think about it and tell you by dinner."I said thinking about yesterday's meet with Randhir.

  Randhir said he got the proposal and he even likes the girl then what happened that his parents brought the proposal to dad.

  I came outside the house went near the pool in garden on the left side of the house.It feels peaceful here.

  I sat there with my legs dipped in the pool and called mausi.The call was attended after two rings.

  "Mausi you kno..." She didn't let me complete.

And started saying " I know Sanyukta what happened Kishore called me and told everything before you.What do you think that old man would have talked maturely regarding your marriage to you without any motivational talks?"

  "My papa is not immature he just acts like a kid sometimes and gets hyper regarding me as he cares and loves me a lot."

  "Okay daddy's girl.Now whats your decision?"

  "I don't want to marry anyone you know the reason so why do you want me to get married and spoil the lives of people whom I love."

  "Sanyukta how can you tell this being a doctor.We found out Anju had cancer during her last stage dear so we couldn't cure it and your case is different you are checking yourself for every six months so though I don't to say or think like this.If you ever have any disease we can detect and cure it."Mausi lectured me this for god knows how many times.

  She has always been patiencent with me.But I always feel my and mother's fates are similar and I really don't want my child to grow motherless atleast I had mausi but what about my child if she isn't lucky enough to find someone.

  "Sanyukta you there?"

  "Ahem..yeah."

  "Think about the positive side, Randhir is a good guy and he is one of the rare cricketers who haven't been linked up with any girl and you love him thats very important you can't replace him.As for the family is regarded Shekhawat are very kind and lovable people and if Mrs.Shekhawat loves anyone she can do whatever for them but its very hard to be liked by her.You will lead a fairytale life if this marriage happens."

  "I think I should talk with Randhir once."

  "Okay.All the best! Remember whatever decision you take we will support you take it wholeheartedly."

  "Thanks mausi.Love you."

  "Love you too sweety."

  After ending the conversation I planned to call Randhir and have a proper talk with him about the marriage and the proposal that he got.

  Within few clicks on my android my call was being connected to Randhir along with the beats of my heart increasing.

  "Hello, Randhir?" I breathed out.

  "Sanyukta?" He guessed.

  "Yeah...ah..I wanted to talk about something really important if you are free can we meet?"I asked.

  "Actually my practice overs after two hours so can you meet me outside the Stadium near my house after that we can have a coffee?"

  "Cool...I will meet you there.Bye"

  "Bye.Take care."

  With this our conversation ended and I went to my room to get dressed.

This part of the story is dedicated to someone who became close to my heart within a very short span of time, whom I respect a ton which cannot be explained by words.The person is like how Maya is to Sanyukta in my life.
Its
Kahiliginger