Chapter 17.

RANDHIR

  I woke earlier than my usual time went to practice and even reached the home before breakfast.Within a few minutes after bath I was sitting in the dinning room waiting for mom so that I can tell her my agreement to the proposal.

  Arpita and Parth went back yesterday after dinner.

  I glanced around to find Lakshmi kaki staring at me with eyes wide open.I just grinned and winked at her to which she became normal and blushed slightly.

  "Kaki where is mom?"I asked her.

  "Pata nehi aati hogi unka breakfast ka time ho gaya hai." She said glancing around the house.

  I nodded waiting for my mom while tapping the table.

  "Breakfast tayar hai, laga deti hun abhi." Kaki said.

  "Aare nehi kaki ma ko aane do phir lagana." I said.

  "Am I hallucinating Renuka?" I heard dad's voice from behind to find mom and dad entering the dinning arena.

  "Randhir??!!" My was really shocked she deserves it for making all of us shock yesterday.

  "Good morning." I replied cheerfully.

  "Morning ....let me guess you are okay with the proposal.Oh my God!! My son is getting married Harsh you can have sweets today.Lakshmi ask someone to bring sweets or make it."Mom spoke rapidly.

  "Renuka he didn't say anything till now stop assuming." My father was frowning at mom which made me frown at him.

  "Harsh you are just jealous that I can understand my son by having a look at him." Mom playfully swatted arms dad's arm who acted over dramatically.

  "Lets have breakfast."I said stopping their banter.

  "Harsh lets go and meet Mr.Agarwal today itself."Mom said sitting on the chair.

  My father nodded and followed mother's action.

  "I have a series coming up for next two months." I said to mom.

  "So?" Mom asked.

  Who was the one flaunting that 'one look on my son I can tell what he feels'.I thought and glanced at dad who chuckled as if he read my mind.

  "So...Renuka he wants say that if you want to fix the marriage date either fix it before the series or after the series."My father said.

  But he was partially correct I wanted to get married before the series and wanted to take Sanyukta with me during the series.

  "Actually beta...ah..uh..first I have to talk Mr.Agarwal if he is ready for giving his daughter in marriage or not."My mom said shuttering at first.

  "What?!" I and dad shouted.

  She gave a look that made our voice shut.

  Dad found some courage and asked her "Then how did the proposal come to you Renuka?"

  My mom gave a mischievous smile and said " I liked her the first time I met her so did some research regarding her and found her to be the best choice.I am sure Mr.Agarwal will agree for the marriage.None can say no to my  handsome son."

  My dad shaked his head.

  "Mmooomm" I whined.

  "Don't worry she will be my daughter-in-law for sure.You know that your achives what she aims right." My mom gave a proud smile.

  I agreed and ate the breakfast.After finishing the breakfast I went for practice where I met Ranawat sir.

  "Tharo dhyaan kidar hai bhai." Ranawat sir asked and sat beside me on the ground.

  "Sir someone is getting married." Parth sat on the vacant side and my shoulders.This guy needs to stop learning things from Arpita.

  "Ladki kaun hai chora?" Sir asked.

  "Sanyukta.Sanyukta Agarwal." I replied.

  "Maine kya antaryami samajh raka hai.Chori ki naam batayio aur maa-baap ke baare me aur uski history jaan lun."He replied and indirectly asked more information about her.

  "Sir Sanyukta Women's Hospital and Fertility Center ki owner."Parth gave him the answer.

  Ranawat sir nodded and said his famous dialogue "Marriage is not everyone's cup of tea my dear friend."
   He patted my shoulder saying that and got up and went to teach the other kids and players.