Chapter 27.

SANYUKTA

  Last night was a bliss! Randhir and I after the completion of our dinner we danced..er..I am bad dancer but he somehow managed us to dance and taught me a few steps too.Later we cuddled on the sofa, until he got call from his coach who asked him to report early morning and I asked him to go back.And it was very hard to push reluctant cricketer out of the house , I had to bribe him with kisses.

  I took my phone out to call my papa but before I could make the call my phone started buzzing with my father's call.

"Haan! Papa, how are you?"

  "Fine, had your breakfast?"

  "No, was going to make it.You had your medicines?"

  "Yes!Yes, hm.. where were you yesterday?"

  "Er..papa..wo.."

  "I know you went out with Randhir."His voice was stern.

  "Papa, I thought its good to spend time with him so that I could know him better before I tell my consent for the marriage."

  "You should have informed, I don't like to know your whereabouts from a third person also someone to point finger on my daughter."

"Papaa! What are you talking? And I called you yesterday but you were the one busy in meetings."I was slightly angry as my father never talked to me like this.

  "Why don't you read the tabs on Randhir?"He is voice was quite neutral.

  I logged in my laptop which was beside me, and when I looked for what my father asked.I was shocked to find article which was titled as "CRICKETER's DAY OUT IN CANON" with his pic and mine eating paav.

  "I hope you got what I mentioned."

  "Papa it was just a simple breakfast and we tried not be caught but I don't get how we were clicked."

  "I know it was just a simple breakfast and you both hanged out yesterday and I am not at all against meeting him, its just like a wake up call for you dear if you choose him this how your life will be.Media will be your shadow want to know everything going on your life, and we can't even blame them its their job they're paid for doing this.You might not have the privacy and sometimes even you have to give explanations for your actions.You can still quite this proposal and no one is forcing you into this.We can search for some other groom..."

  I didn't let him complete "No, papa though I wanted to tell you this after you reach here but I guess its time to tell you.I like him or even love him, and I am ready to accept this changes in my life.This is an extra baggage along with him, and since I choose him I choose this too.I understand your concern over me but I love him papa as much as I love you."

  I feel this conversation over phone was better than face to face one.

  "Hm...ok, I will talk with Shekhawat's after reaching India."

  "When will you be coming back papa.?"

  "I am taking tomorrow morning flight will reach there by evening I guess."

  "Ok, papa, Bye! Take care.
Love you."

  "Love you too dear!"

  After the call ended I read the article which was quite amusing for me, because of the way the reporter has noticed our actions quite clearly and also tried to follow us but he couldn't to our luck.Also the way the reporter questioned my identity was funny and I was laughing clutching my stomach.

  Then I called Randhir he didn't attend the call may be was still practicing, when I glanced at the wall clock in my room it was just 6:30 am and his practice continues till 8:30 am.Then, I called mausi I doubt if she had read the article.

  "Wow! That was a quite juicy gossip."No hello , pleasantries , nothing.

  "Hello! Mausi how are you?
Had your breakfast?"I asked in extra sweet voice.

  "Baby, you shouldn't try the tricks on person who taught you the trick."

  "What trick mausi?" I pretended to be innocent.

  "Sarcasm is my talent you aren't allowed to use it one me."

  "Okay, so, you read the article?!"

  "Obviously, now what to do if my baby isn't sharing her experiences with me I should now the alternative way to know them right?! By the way how was the Paav?"

  "Good!For sharing the experience, I can't barge into your operation theater right?"

  "Okay, so what happened afterwards?"

  "What afterwards?"

  "Mean, I am sure the whole day you people weren't eating the paav.So now I need the details." She is demanding, I pity on Vardhan uncle.

  "Mausi, atleast act your age.....ok now don't get hypered."

  Then the whole conversation was about my date and my conversation with father today.She was happy with the way my life was shaping into.

  It was 7:30 only so I started preparing breakfast.By the time I completed having my breakfast it was 8:15.I was just waiting for this fifteen minutes to pass soon so that I can call Randhir.

But to my surprise Randhir himself called me.

  "Hey! Good morning!!"He was sounding cheerful.

  "Good morning."I tried to stop the butterflies in my stomach hearing his voice.

  "You called?There was a missed call."He said.

  "Yeah! Actually I got call from dad and he .............."
I told him about my conversation with dad and about the article.

  "Oh! I didn't knew about that, as I came earlier for the practice.Let me read about the article and also will ask my PR to look into this matter." He was calm.

  "Your practice completes at 8:30 nah?"

  "Yes, but I completed it soon today, also we have a team meeting at 10:00 am.So, I will go home have a bath and will for meeting.Whats your plan for today?"

  "Will visit hospital, I think I should have some basic knowledge before taking over it officially."

  "Hm...Are you free for lunch?"

  "Yup...but I have no intention for my lunch with you to be the next article on the tabs."

  "Hmm...I agree, let this news settle down first."

______________________________

RANDHIR

  I reached home to find my parents and PR all of them sitting in the front hall and over the phone.Though I guessed why my PR was on Phone he even seemed to be little frustrated but my parents were talking with so much interest that they didn't even bother to look at me.

  "Ahem..ahem" I cleared my throat.

  All glanced towards me..er okay all glared at me.Its difficult to explain things to these three than explaining it to my fans.My fans are very sensible people.