Chapter Three

I wake up by the annoying sound of my alarm telling me to wake up for school. I tiredly get up and go to my bathroom. I take a quick shower before popping out to the freezing bedroom that awaits me.

I change into some black leggings I had stored in the back of my closet. My favorite loose grey stripped sweater. Some silver cross earrings and my grey high top boots.

I walk downstairs to say goodbye to Eric before I leave. I go walking to the bus stop alone. I didn't want to see Nathan this morning. Too late.

"Nicole!" yelled Nathan

"Go away!" I yelled continuing walking

"Hold up." Nathan said pulling my arm

"What." I said struggling to get free

"We need to talk." he said turning me

"About what!" I yelled

"About yesterday. I wanted to kiss you but I knew your brother wouldn't let me." he confessed

Wait. Nathan actually wanted to kiss me? I must still be sleeping.

"Say something." he yelled

"I - I wanted to kiss you too." I smiled

"Really." he smiled back

"Yea."

"But you know we can't do it here." he said referring in public

For once I thought he would forget about popularity and come back to me. Protect me like he did all these years. But I knew he won't do that.

"Yea." I said looking at the ground

"Hey let's go to the bus stop before we miss it." he said

"Yea." I nodded

We walk together to the bus stop and we get on as usual we sit together. We laughed and talked the whole way over to school. But as always its gets drained whenever I pass school. I can't be with Nathan. I can't be who I was before. It was prison to me.

We get off and head our separate ways. Like it always been. I walk inside and get my stuff and walk to my cell block. English.

After English I'm proud of myself. Why? I didn't get yelled at or even went to Mr.Parker's office. I was too tired to do anything in that class. So I slept through half of the class.

Now off to my favorite class. Art. As I was walking to get my stuff I feel someone pull my arm into what seems the Janitor's Closet. To be honest I'm still afraid of the dark. Then the person inside with me spoke.

"Hey don't be scared. I'm here." the unfamiliar voice spoke

"Who are you?" I asked

Then that's when the little light bulb in the Janitor's Closet turned on to reveal the mysterious figure that was inside with me. Nathan.

"Its me silly." he smiled

"Couldn't you pick another spot that doesn't smell like chlorine?" I asked

"Hey, don't mess with me and my creativity." he said

"Whatever."

That is when his hands found my waist and pulled me closer to him. The space between us was very little. He leaned closer to me his face just inches away from mine.

"Meet me at my house after school, ok." he whispered

"Uh, yea sure." I said

"Good." he said letting me go