Chapter Thirteen

Nicole's POV:

When the day comes to forget Nathan, he comes back. Doesn't he get the point that I don't want him anymore? I can't believe he punched Max in the face and other areas. Why would he still care about me? I thought he hated me.

My body is still recovering from last night. Even though Nathan came and ruined everything for me, I still had a good time. When Nathan barged in, Max was on top of me kissing my neck and rubbing his hand on the outside of my thigh.

Nathan's face said it all. He was mad, mad that I was in bed with someone I hardly knew.

Maybe Nathan still cares about me. No. If he still cared then he would have never left you.

I can't even think right now. Not sure to go to Nathan's house and talk to him or just forget about him and actually moving on.

No. I will go over to his house and talk to him.

Nevermind I can't.

No I'm doing it.

Urgh, you know what I am doing it and I think it might go well.

I get up from my bed and change into something more suitable. I continue my path down the stairs and to the door that leads to the outside world, that I might never want to visit ever again.

I take a deep breath and open the front door. The sunlight burns my eyes for a split second and I proceed my journey. I still can't believe I'm still doing this. Can't I just turn around and forget this?

Too late.

I find myself in front of the house I thought I would never return. The house that used to make feel welcomed. The house that would always have a happy atmosphere and everyone got along. This house has changed ever since I left.

I walk up to the porch and ring the doorbells. Then a boy with bright green eyes like the grass in spring opens the door.

Nathan's POV:

I'm alone at my house. With no one here. Not even Skylar. Then the doorbell rings. I open it and to my surlier it was Nicole. She came back. My first reaction was to smile and pick her up in my arms, but I knew deep down she is still mad at me.

I let her in. Ours eyes haven't made contact. This was an eerie silence, it feels like I'm meeting someone I haven't seen in my life. But I have. And that's Nicole, the girl who would always be happy no matter what. Until now.

I break the silence, "Um, do you want to go up in my room, like we always did?"

"Sure." she mumbled

We walk up to my room and she sits on my bed, looking at her feet.

"Nicole, please look at me." I whispered

"No, Nathan, I can't anymore." she said still looking at the floor

"Please." I whispered

Then her head slowly lifted up, finally meeting my eyes. Her eyes were glistened with tears that were forming.

"Nathan." she whispered

"Yes?" I answered

"Can you please tell me everything about you? You can trust me, right?"

My mind went blank. What did she mean by everything? She didn't knew anything about Skylar, right?

"I think I've told you everything since the first day we met." I smiled

"You sure?" she asked

"Yes." I said

Her mouth opened, but was interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming.

"I'm home!" I knew by the voice who it was, Skylar. Shit.

"Who's that?" Nicole asked

"Well you see my dad came home early from a business vacation and he teaches at a university in Manchester and he came home to visit us." I said rambling things, even I don't even know what I said

Nicole's face showed puzzlement. Probably she didn't even knew what I said.

"Well isn't it polite for me to say hi to him?" she asked walking out my bedroom

"Nope." I said pulling her back in and closing the door

"Nathan, what's going on!" she said

"Nathan, you there?" Skylar yelled

"Look Nicole you gotta go." I said looking around frantically

"Well I can just go through the front door." she said opening the door

"No. How about through the window, no?" I said

"Are you crazy?" she said

"No I'm not." I said opening the window and looked down to see the ladder

"Clearly you are." she said again opening the door

"No. Just go through the window. Please."

"Urgh, fine." she said sitting on the ledge

"But how am I supposed to get down?" she asked

"You see that ladder?" I asked

"Yea, what about it?" she asked looking at me

"Just climb down carefully, ok." I said assuringly

"You sure?" she asked, her eyes were full of fear

"Trust me." I smiled

She nodded. Then she slowly started going down the ladder. Skylar's footsteps were coming closer and closer. I run to my bed and grab a book and pretend to read. Then he opens my door.

"Who was here?" he asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Someone was here." he said

"No." I said

"Whatever I'm taking a shower." he said and left my room

I finally take a deep breath and I turn to my right and I see Nicole's purse. Shit. I quickly grab it and run out to her house.

As soon as I walk past my fence I hear screaming. I know that, scream, Nicole. I turn around and I see her hanging for her dear life.

"Nathan hell me!" she yelled

I quickly grab the ladder that has fallen and set it underneath her.

"Nicole here!" I yelled

She looked down, but then quickly turned up again. She starts panicing.

"Let go of me!" she yelled, squirming to get loose

She keeps getting out of his grip, but he is holding her wrists with everything he was.

He couldn't hold on to her any longer. Then Nicole comes falling down. I drop the ladder and run to catch her. But the worst happens. I missed.

I quickly go to where she is. I look up to Skylar with a face that had no words for it. And me walking back and forth running my hands through my hair.

"Call an ambulance! Hurry!" I yelled to Skylar

He quickly nodded and went to call for an ambulance. I just stand there watching Nicole probably die right infront of me. And I let that happen.

This is the thing I didn't want to happen.

~ Here is your surprise!!! Yea a surprise update!!! Any who, Nicole is going to the hospital!! :O And she saw Skylar and Nathan in the same time! :O Oh and tell me in the comments what you think of this chapter P L E A S E!!!!! And don't forget to vote!!

Bye my Precious Rocketeers xx ~

* V O T E / C O M M E N T / F O L L O W *