Chapter Twelve

Nicole's POV:

"It's AMAZING when two strangers become the best of friends, but it's really sad when the best of FRIENDS become two strangers" 

-Anonymous

This quote really describes how I am at the moment. Nathan I were the best of friends until we become strangers, just how we met. Strangers, the people you never met in your life, but they can be the biggest thing that has happened in your life.

Nathan was the biggest thing that happened in my life. He made me believe in myself.

But I can't. It's almost the day of the party. The day I will and forever forget Nathan. No more protective Nathan. It's only me now.

The sound of my phone echoed through my silent house. I sit up and grab my phone that is sitting by me. I answer it without checking and regret answering it.

"Nicole, I've been worried sick! Where have you been! Why haven't you come to school!" I knew by the tone of the voice who it was, Nathan

"Will you stop acting like my dad! You're not in charge of me!" I yelled

"I am in charge of you! Your dad ONLY trusted me! No one else!" he yelled

It was true. My dad only trusted him. The only reason my dad trusted Nathan was because, he knew his father at work and they became friends. And they thought it'll probably be a good idea that me and Nathan became friends. At first it was but now I regret it. He had changed over these four years. He isn't what he is anymore.

He isn't the Nathan I fell in love with.

"How would you know?" I asked and hanged up

Why is it when Nathan calls me or visits me he always yells at me. As if it was my fault that we aren't friends anymore.

Nathan's POV:

Nicole hasn't been coming to school. It worries me that maybe Skylar has done something to her. I called her but she hanged up. Why can't I stop yelling at her! Why am I so over protective!

I hate myself. I hate Skylar. He ruined everything. Everything I had, is ruined.

I will never forgive myself.

Nicole's probably telling me truth. She's probably not going to that party. She might not be with that guy. After all she wants to forget me. I can't forget her. Its not that simple.

She will always have a spot in my heart. No one will replace her

No one couldn't se underneath her beautiful. Only I did. I only managed to do that. She just never believed me when I tell her.

* day of party *

Nicole's POV:

Melissa comes running through my bedroom door jumping on my bed telling me to wake up. She has a spare key. Nathan had one but I took it and gave it to Melissa. I only trust her now.

Eric doesn't have a problem with it. He's happy that I'm finally moving on from Nathan.

Melissa has brought her stuff when we get ready. We eat breakfast, which was a bowl of Frosted Flakes. Yes, even though we're 18 we still like Frosted Flakes for your information.

Eric has gone to work, which means he'll be back later in the night. I haven't told him I was going to a party with Melissa. He will kill me if he found out.

Melissa has promised me that she wouldn't tell Nathan. But I have my doubts. She might call him if I get myself into something.

"Nicole." Melissa said pulling me out of my thoughts