I don't like the dark

I woke up the next morning quite early, 9:30. Rachel was up making coffee for herself. She looked over at me and smiled "Morning Sean, you can grab some coffee of you'd like" I got up, I smiled at Rachel "Thanks" Before the coffee was done, I quickly went to the bathroom and threw on some clothes and a hoodie.

I came back out to the kitchen and grabbed a mug from the cupboard. I poured some hot coffee into my mug. I went over to the sugar and grabbed a spoon. I put 1 spoon of sugar in my cup and stirred it.

i sat down at the table before taking a sip. Katie came from down the hallway already dressed in clothes "Hi Mommy, Hi Jacky!" She said smiling "Hi Katie" Rachel said "Hi Katie, how'd you sleep last night?"

"Good" she said. I smiled "Do you want some cereal?" I asked. She nodded. I knew where everything was in Rachel's house. I opened the cupboard with the cereal in it "Okay Katie, there's Cheerios, Froot Loops, ...Lucky Charms" I looked at Rachel "What?" She said "You knew I was coming! So ye' went out bought Lucky Charms just te' tease me, didn't ye'?!"

"No, they we're half off at the grocery store!" She said.

"Uh-huh suuure you did," I teased back. Rachel playfully hit my shoulder, I chuckled.

I looked back at Katie "I want Cheerios!" She said.

"Alrighty then!" I grabbed the box and set it on the table. I grabbed Katie a bowl,a spoon and some milk. I poured some cereal in the bowl and some milk "There you go" I smiled.

I took another sip of my coffee. I went out to the living room and pulled out my laptop. I went on YouTube and uploaded two pre-recorded videos. By the time I was done with that, all my coffee was gone, I went back out to the kitchen and put in the sink.

(Time Skip)

Katie's Pov

I asked Jacky to tuck me into bed and he did. But the problem is that I couldn't sleep! I'm scared of the dark, I don't like it very much. I looked in the corner of my room where my closet was, the door was open and all I could see was blackness. I got up and quickly ran out to the hallway.

I walked out to the living room slowly, Jacky was still up on his computer "Jacky..." he looked up from whatever he was doing "Katie? What are ye' doing up sweetheart?"

"I don't like the dark" Jacky frowned "Aww, c'mere sweetie, there's nothing to be afraid of. Didn't your mother buy you a night light?"

"It didn't work. Can I sleep with you?"

"Of course. I just got to get some work done first" We both layed down on the couch. Jacky let me cuddle up to him. He had his computer on his stomach were he was doing his 'work' I seen him look at me from the corner of his eye, he smiled.

A couple minutes later he turned his computer off and put it back in his bag. He turned his head towards me "Katie, you don't have to be afraid of the dark, nothing's going to hurt you. What makes you so afraid?"

"I'm afraid there's going to be a monster" I said.

"Katie, I promise you there is no monster in your room, and if there is I will protect you from it. Okay?"

"Okay" I said.

"Alright, get some sleep. I love you"

"I love you too, Jacky" Jacky kissed my forehead and we both fell sound asleep.