I have a Secret

Jacks Pov
(Time Skip 1 Day)

It was my fourth day at Rachel's. Rachel was finishing cleaning up the kitchen. I decided to check on Katie. I got up and walked to her room. She was coloring in a coloring book "Hey Katie, what are you doing?" I asked "Just coloring" she responded. I sat down next to her on her bed. She stopped coloring for a moment "Jacky?"

"Yes Katie?"

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Of course, you can tell me anything sweetie" I said. Katie looked up at me "I don't like David"

"Why not?"

"He and Mommy fight a lot, and he hurts her. Its scary" I was surprised. Is Rachel being abused?

"What do you mean her 'hurts her'? Does he hit her?" Katie nodded. I got up "Katie, I'll be right back" on my way out I shut Katie's door.

I found Rachel on the couch "Rachel, I think we need to talk" I said sternly. "Is everything alright Sean?"

"Is everything alright?! No! Why didn't you tell me?! Why didn't you tell me that David is abusing you?!" She looked speechless "How did you find out?"

"Katie told me, but she did the right thing. Why didn't you tell me that he was hurting you?" I said.

"He told me if I told anyone things would only get worse"

I grabbed both of Rachel's hands "Rachel I'm going to help you, I don't care what it takes, I'm staying longer, and when David gets back I'm gonna have a little chat with him"

Rachel's Pov

I knew nothing was going to stop Sean, he was determined to do this. I'm just scared that David's going to hurt Sean. But I know Sean will do anything to protect me and Katie.