Boyfriend?!?

Jacks Pov

I woke up the next morning, today is supposed to be my last day here, but I'm not leaving. David's supposed to come home today, at 10:00 I believe.

I can't believe he's been abusing Rachel, she's doesn't deserve this. Katie shouldn't have to live through this, hearing them fight and scream at each other, she must be terrified. But I'm going to fix that.

After I got dressed, I found Rachel in he room sitting on her bed "Rachel?" She looked up at me "Yes?"

"Can I see the bruises David has given you?" She stood up and turned around, she lifted up shirt, and just below her bra was bruise that took up half her back "How did you get that? What did he do?" I asked.

"He kicked me, multiple times" she put her shirt down and turned back around to the face me. I held out my arms and brought her in for a hug "Rachel, I promise, things will get better. You just gotta be patient"

"Thanks Sean, Thank you for being here." I smiled.

"You're welcome. You know I'd do anything for you" Suddenly, we both heard the front door open and close "Rachel, I'm home!" That must be David.

Rachel let go of me and we both walked out to the kitchen we're the front door was. "David...you're here early" she said nervously

"Yeah, I was gonna surprise you" he said.

"Oh...what a surprise..." David looked at me and frowned "Who are you!?" He asked. Rachel answered for me, but I cut her off "David, this is Sean my-"

"Boyfriend! I'm her boyfriend!" Oh, now I've made things worse. Rachel glared at me "Oh, so you're cheating on me, huh?" David laughed "You're really funny. I know you wouldn't cheat on me, you love me Rachel!"

I then did I something that I should probably regret. I kissed Rachel. As soon as I broke the kiss, I was shoved against the wall "Touch her again, I dare you!" He yelled. Rachel pulled David off of me, but he slapped her across the face.

I quickly acted and grabbed a hold of his throat "TOUCH HER AGAIN, I DARE YOU"! I screamed at him.
I shoved him to the ground and walled away.

Katie was watching, I hope she didn't see anything. I went over to Rachel and helped her up. I felt a pain in my head and I heard glass smash. I was hit in the head with a coffee mug. I clutched my head as David walked out of the house, probably to the bar, Rachel did tell he was a heavy drinker.

"Sean, are you okay?" Rachel asked

"Yeah, I'm okay" I let go if my head and looked over to Katie, who was frozen with fear. I went over to Katie and kneeled down, she hugged me "It's okay, he's gone for now" I got up and went to the living room to sit on the couch.

Rachel came over and sat next to me "Sean, why did you say you we're my boyfriend? Why didn't you just say the truth?"

"I'm sorry, I panicked and..." I didn't want Katie to hear just yet "Tá mé fós i ngrá leat" (I'm still in love with you) Rachel knew what I said. She hugged me tightly " Is breá liom tú ró" (I love you too)