Chapter 6

Uploaded a little early today! Woot Woot! hahahaha... Anyways- Enjoy! Vote, comment and fan if you have time?

............................................................................................................................................................

Three more days.

My phone rang it’s loud, usual tune, one of our hit songs. I hummed along to the song which had the voices cut out. Busy in my own little world of music, I’d forgotten my phone was even ringing. Ace whipped my phone out from a pocket from one of my jackets. He looked at the collar ID.

“Yo! Tye! It’s Vivian,” he called across the room. I groaned inwardly and was tempted to tell Ace to hang up. Instead I held out my hand for Ace to toss my phone.

As soon as I felt the sharp impact of the phone landing in my palm, I picked it up before my phone would send the call to voice mail. I held my cell a few inches away from my ear, preparing for Viv’s annoying voice to pour out. She would make a poor singer.

“Hello?”

I heard quiet, pushed sniffles. In a loud, fake voice Viv wailed, “Oh Tye, this just won’t work out between us.” She paused to do what sounded like blowing her nose. “You are truly a wonderful person but I think it’s” Sniffle, “Time we broke up. There’s” Sniffle, “Someone else for me.”

Score!

“Oh yeah, sure Viv. Whatever you say,” I replied, an idiotically large grin on my face. Viv paused in her fake sniffles.

“You’re not devastated?” She asked me in her normally piercing voice. In the background, I heard someone mumbling “Told you so,” I had to hold back from laughing until I died.

“No.”

“Why not?” She whined. I rolled my eyes- though she couldn’t see.

“Viv, first of all, it’s been over for a while. Second of all, it happens all the time. People always just want the fame,” I told her shortly.

There was an awkward silence. As I was about to cut the call I heard her say, “Oh.” And then I hung up.

When I tucked my phone away, I pumped my fist into the air and cheered. Ken looked at me oddly. “What’s up?” he asked. I grinned, telling him it was nothing. He gave me another weird look, but only shrugged and went back to his own business.

“Hey Bales,” I walked up to Bailey. He turned around to glare at me.

“Tye, don’t call me such a silly name,” he scolded. Aw, he was such an old geezer. Ignoring his mini lecture I went on talking.

“So when can we go back home? We’re not having a concert or anything soon right?”

“You may go home whenever,” Bailey paused. “Of course, after Ms. Choi comes,” This time, I groaned aloud. Time seemed to be crawling by, taunting me until the day when Choi would come. Bailey frowned but did not scold me as he usually would have. Instead he swiftly left the room without another word.

I threw myself onto an empty chair. “I am kind of- sort of- maybe- slightly getting sick of this apartment,” I sighed heavily. Nico laughed quietly.

“Three more days,” He reminded me.

Griffin slouched down on the floor next to where I sat. “I don’t really mind this Arina girl, but I’m with Tye. I don’t want to be stuck here forever!” he agreed. “Now if we actually had to compose a song or perform at a concert or club or anything- I’d be a ton less bored,” Griffin added.

“Not to mention it get us closer to becoming world-famous,” Ken piped up for somewhere I couldn’t see. “If only our company would assign something already…” he trailed off to himself and I could hear him strumming his guitar. Probably making sure it was in tune again. Or making his own song.

“We don’t have to wait for the company,” Nico mumbled. “We could always just write an album or whatever on our own,” he reminded us. I imagined Ken shrugging wherever he was. “Or we could go on tour soon- though we’d need approval…” Nico continued to mumble to himself about what we could do as a band.

I popped in my earphones, not exactly eager to listen to Nico go on and on to himself. Now let me get this straight, music artists’ iPods and stuff are not filled with their own songs. Maybe I should just respond to the media and tell them that already. It’s getting annoying and pretty damn old.

Maybe I should answer all the reporters’ questions. They were all annoying and getting pretty damn old. I once again silently wished the stupid reporters would understand that I wished they would shut up and go away. Call me a child but that was the absolute truth.

I skipped a song by Hourglass and allowed another one to begin playing. I went on and on like this, skipping my own songs and listening to others. At long last, the battery died.

I opened up Griffin’s laptop, too lazy to go onto the computer. As my iPod charged, I checked one of the many “official” blogs on Hourglass. Apparently Choi had a file on this one

AChoiTye: I get to visit the guys in Hourglass in three days. For some reason- NOT looking forward to it.