Chapter 12

Yo wassup world? :D This is a super early and a little longer chapter! If I have added anything by then, then I'll also upload on Sunday! Yay! This chapter is not really eventful surprisingly, I'm impressed how I was able to still make it long O.O perhaps I am gaining skill? Nahhh >.<

........................................................................................................................................................................

Tony’s face lit up as soon as he saw me. “Mom! Tye’s home!” he screamed, bubbling with excitement. He ran over and jumped into my outstretched arms, tackling me in a fierce hug.

“Hey Tony, how’s life?” I asked.

“Good, now that you’re here!” he beamed. I chuckled at his bright enthusiasm. I ruffled his messy black hair. The tips were dyed navy blue which I didn’t quite remember from before… I assumed he had recently dyed his hair.

Mom stepped out of our house, her smile almost as wide as Tony’s. “Tye, good to see you. How’s the band?” she asked me.

“It’s good,” I replied, squeezing her into a hug.

Not much had changed since I last saw everyone. Besides Tony’s hair that is. Tony kept babbling away and several times Mom told him to stop talking so much like a girl. I sat down in a kitchen chair while Mom continued washing dishes and Tony told me all about what I’d missed out on.

I glanced briefly around the house. No clothes scattered, no objects fallen in odd places- Dad wasn’t back yet. “Are you looking for your father?” Mom asked. Her voice was hesitant, she still seemed quite shaky on the topic. “He’s not back. And he probably won’t ever be,” her voice had taken on a tone of finality. It was a little creepy.

“Hey, did you meet Vivian recently?” Tony cut in, quickly changing the subject.

“Um… Yeah, in a way-“

“I know, I know!” he cut me off. “Vivian was talking about it all the time. She said you invited her over so she had to come. And then she broke up with you.” Tony patted my hand sympathetically. “It’s okay. I never liked her anyway.”

“Wait, what? She didn’t break up with me!”

“Oh. Then I never said anything bad about your girlfriend.” He held up his hands. I rolled my eyes.

“Tony, listen. I broke up with her,” I explained slowly. A look of confusion crossed his face, but then he just nodded, satisfied.

“And that works,”

When mom finished washing the dishes, she dried her hands and walked out of the kitchen. When she was out of earshot, I lowered my voice and whispered to Tony, “Any news on Dad?”

“Supposedly he’s dead now, some new rumor going around,” he whispered back. I raised my eyebrows. Dead huh? Bummer, I was hoping to talk to my dad before he disappeared. “So how’s life with the ladies? Besides Vivian, that is,”

“Tony, you’re twelve.”

“That’s the perfect age too!”

“And I’m not going to be dating any time soon- especially not now.” I said, wishing my little brother would just shut up already.

“Why not now? Just ‘cause you’re famous? What about Arina?” At his last question, my mind back tracked. How the hell did he know about her? I voiced my thoughts. Tony only shrugged. “Duh, it’s all over the entertainment news about you two dating,” he said bluntly. I never wanted to wring all those reporters’ necks more than then.