Chapter 22

Hmm... I wonder how long this is going to turn out... Well anyways, yay, finally uploaded, sorry it takes me so long. But as soon as summer comes, I promise I will try my best to upload at least once a week.

So-so chapter. Nothing that awesome, nothing that bad. Hope you enjoy! :) <3<3<3

........................................................................................................................................................................

“Tye, Tye, Tye!” Tony called out to me, waving me over. Recently Tony had seemed like a snail in a hole, it was the weekend and he was spending the whole time on the computer. Wait. That sounds familiar doesn’t it…

“Look, there’s an article about two girls claiming to see a guy a lot like you, but he was nicer. Now in the comments people are saying; I quote: ‘Maybe this was actually him! Maybe under Tye’s tough guy act, he’s a sweet person. Less than three.’” Tony looked up at me, a smirk on his face. “Crazy, right?”

Damn those girls. “Yeah. Crazy. Under this image isn’t more pretty boy. It’s just a whole lot of ugly.” I shook my head. Tony shot me a look. I was getting a lot of those wasn’t I?

“Tye! Tony! You better be doing your homework!” Mom called from upstairs. I looked up, but obviously I couldn’t see her from where I was.

“I am!” I shouted back. “But Tony’s not!” I couldn’t help but add. Tony punched my arm playfully, his face scrunched up.

“Ass.”

“Yes, I’m an ass,” I smirked. Tony turned back to his computer. He held his hands over the keyboard and shot a glance back to me.

“Maybe I should comment and say: ‘No, he isn’t sweet at all. He’s just pretending to get in your pants.’” He said with a devilish grin. I shook my head back and forth with strong disapproval. As if. Even if Tony posted that, it was easy to predict what would happen. Some people would hate on him and start an online argument, insisting it wasn’t true, some people would say they really didn’t care and some people would be shocked and never want to see my face on the internet again. But I honestly couldn’t care less.

“Little bro, you have a dirty mind. It’s disturbing.” I said anyway. I’d never do that and he knew it. I’d rather die.

“You mean I have a normal one.”

I shook my head again and stepped back. I picked up a sweater of mine which had been carelessly thrown aside and pulled it on. “I’m heading out.” I informed him.

“Now, what about your homework?” Tony mock scolded me with a sing-song voice.

“Call me when you’re half-way through with your own,” I snapped back before stepping out and closing the door firmly behind me.

The weather was warmer than it had been all week. I looked up at the sky which was clear for the first time in so long. The sun’s rays were beating on my face just like in the summer. And I turned away. The sun got so annoying, and Bailey said I shouldn’t get tan. On instinct, I pulled my hood over my head. Sometimes Ken joked around and called me rebellious, but I was surprisingly good at listening to instructions most of the time.

I started walking around the block, hood over my head, music blasting in my ears and kicking pebbles on the sidewalk.

“Hey,” a familiar voice said, a hand resting on my shoulder. Also on instinct, I jolted with surprise and side stepped, pulling away.

The voice belonged to Arina.

“Oh. Hey.” I replied lamely. How long had it been since I’d last seen her? My stomach clenched and I suddenly remembered what Griffin had said after she’d left with Ken. I liked her, didn’t I. This wasn’t a question to ask. I knew the answer, but I refused to accept it.