Chapter 16

ahhh... Super short chapter but finals are coming up again and sadly I dunno if I can continue my schedule anymore. This is better than nothing though, right?

Tony's character seems to have come out kinda funny. I was super sleepy when i wrote this (yet it's still so short. poop on me.) so it might be kinda crappy.

Even so... enjoy!

................................................................................................................................................................

“How was it?” Tony asked me immediately, as soon as he opened the door. God I was freezing! I didn't say anything at first, just gratefully took in the warmth of my home. But Tony just kept looking up at me expectantly.

“What’s it to you?” I snapped back. Tony flinched. Griffin appeared beside him with a teasing smile, which was twisting into a slight frown.

“It turned out that bad, huh?” Griffin cut in

“And whose fault is that?”

“And you care because?”

Griffin’s retorts were really getting on my nerves. I stormed past the two of them. Mom cast me a questioning glance, but I ignored it. Griffin sauntered off, doing whatever he felt like doing, while Tony trailed after me.

As I ignored him, Tony went off chattering about random things, and occasionally saying he was sorry. I only continued to pretend the little brat was there. Then Tony began to pout. He continued his endless rant, this time saying how petty it was that I was getting so worked up, and that I should just talk to him already.

Yeah, right.

Honestly, I seriously gave no shit about Choi, but the damn kid locked me out, and I didn’t bring my keys with me everywhere. And we weren’t stupid enough to leave a spare key under a simple welcome mat.

My cell started ringing, breaking off Tony’s endless babble. It was our manager.

“Yo, Bales. Sup?”

“Is everyone at your house, Tye?” he said, his voice sounding annoyed and urgent.

“Uh… yeah. What about it?”

“I’d like you all to meet me at the apartment.” His voice was all no-nonsense. Despite that, I was seriously gonna argue with him this time. I mean, seriously?

“Seriously man? We just got here!” I protested. I could hear Bailey as he rolled his eyes.

In a slow, calm voice- as though I wouldn’t understand without one, Bailey formed his words carefully. “Hourglass’ rank has dropped quite drastically. So AT Entertainment has decided for you to compose a whole new album. A holiday one preferably. Soon after, you’ll have a live performance, then there’ll be a concert for all of the AT group.

“Not to mention there will probably be another large event, mainly centered on Hourglass- and tomorrow night there’ll be a radio show which you all will take part in. Please cooperate, Tye.” When I didn’t answer right away, Bailey took in a breath. “AT’s giving you another chance, Tye. Remember this: in the music industry, once you fall- you fall hard.”

And then Bailey hung up. Bastard.

I didn’t want to walk in and break to everyone how busy we’d be for the next few months. Instead, I decided to let them have one more hour of messing around and just being normal guys. Frustrated, I threw my phone at the wall. Yeah, I know it was new. Yeah, I know I sound like a rich bitch when I say I can always just buy another one. But it’s true- and rather take it out on the phone then on Tony, right?

 At the moment, no one in Hourglass knew about Bailey’s call. But Tony did.

My kid brother propped his elbows up and cupped his chin with his hands. “So who was it?” he asked me. I heaved a long, heavy sigh.

“My manager. He wants us to work through the holidays ‘cause Hourglass is losing its rank,” I explained. “Not yet, but we’ll have to leave again soon,” I added. Tony’s face twisted with disgust. I glanced at him curiously.

“What?” I asked.

“All you do now is stuff for Hourglass, there’s only so much we can take.” Tony practically snarled.

“Huh?” Was all that came to mind. I bet I sounded like a super cool super smart older brother right then. Tony scowled at me. “We already lost Dad. Now we’re basically losing you too,” He stood up and walked away.

Huh?