Chapter 21

Yay! An upload! This chapter is actually a super random and weird one, but I had fun writing it. Tye's also very mean here ... but isn't he always? XD

Hope you enjoy! <3

...................................................................................................................................................................

Nico began to strum a few chords randomly, I tapped my pencil repeatedly and Ken spun around and around on a navy blue spinney chair. “Griffin,” I picked randomly, pointing my pencil to him. His head snapped up. “You wanna do a solo song?” I asked.

According to Ace, Griffin had been writing a lot of songs on his own recently and after he posted one on the internet, it became super popular.

“Sure,” Griffin shrugged.

I wrote this down on a notepad lying beside my music sheets. “Okay so-“ I was cut off by a chorus of loud, fast knocks against the door. We all looked up at once, surprised by the sudden noise. Griffin shot a glance at me for some reason before pulling himself up and walking to the door.

Griffin had to hunch over slightly to look through the peep hole in the door. “Oh, it’s just Bailey.” He scoffed, sounding disappointed. He unlocked the door calmly, ignoring the fact that the way Bailey knocked sounded urgent.

“Hey, manager,” Griffin greeted Bailey with an easy grin. Bailey shot Griffin a look before quickly walking past him.

“All of you know Life and Death, correct?” he asked. In return, Bailey received several bobbing heads. By Life and Death he didn’t mean that literally, he meant the band. Life and Death was a girl band also part of AT entertainment. “Good. You will all be appearing on the BIG show broadcast with them. They’ll be expected some kind of interview, unshared stories and secrets…” Bailey paused and gave me a long look.

I bit into my pencil. Sure it may seem disgusting but my canines were really sharp, it felt satisfying to grind them down. “What?” I asked innocently.

“First of all, don’t bite into your pencil. It’s disgusting. Second of all, I am really hoping you will cooperate.” Bailey said with a tone like he was speaking with a toddler. Maybe that’s what I was. I shrugged. I’d try but promising would be foolish.

Bailey turned back to everyone else. “Now do you all know Wind?” he asked. Hell yeah I knew him. Wind was a super famous guy. I admired how he dealt with being famous. He was a good guy to his fans but still kept a reasonable distance. Sadly the distance I’d put between my fans only made them think I was more mysterious and sexy. Disappointing.

Bailey received half- nods from us. “He’s like my idol!” Ace piped up. There you have it. Famous people have idols too. How cute.

Wind was a well known actor and rapper around our age, slightly older. His actual name was Wynn Strauss. I wasn’t quite surprised Ace looked up to him.

“We’ll be meeting up with him for a special production.” Bailey informed us. Maybe I was a little excited, it was hard not to be, but I hated how Bailey kept pinning jobs on us recently. Take it slow, will ya?

“Sweet!” Ace cheered.

“Wait, wait, wait,” Ken cut in. “He’s a rapper. How would he work in a performance with our band?” he asked. Leave it to Ken to think things through.

“Production, not performance,” Bailey explained. “You’ll be acting in a short scene from Mr. Strauss’ newest drama.”

Ace leaped up and pumped his fist through the air. I felt sorry for all those particles floating around that probably just got whacked in the face. “YES!” he whooped. “So when is it?” Ace asked in a lower tone. Bailey pulled out his Blackberry and checked something.