Chapter 20

Long time no update huh? At least I think this chapter is a little bit longer. My updates may be slower because I'm getting a ton of writers block, I'm trying to finish up another story, and school isn't the easiest thing in the world. I've got a huge project and I have no clue where to start AND finals are coming up again. Augh....

Well, enjoy this chappie! :)

.................................................................................................................................................................

I folded the last bit to create a paper crane. I tossed it over to Tony, who even though was in the middle of playing the piano, caught it with ease. “Hey Tony, let’s go over animal sounds.” I suggested randomly. Tony stopped playing abruptly, propped the crane up and shot me an odd look.

“What?” he asked, an eyebrow raised. I shrugged, implying that I was simply bored.

“Dog.”

“Woof.”

“Cat.”

“Meow.”

“Horse.”

“Neigh.”

“Turtle.”

Ever since we were little I’d suddenly ask Tony random questions, or I’d go over something stupid like animal sounds. We’d fire off quickly like this, but I’d never really gone over the sound a turtle made. Turtles didn’t really make a sound, did they? “What…?” Tony asked, confused.

“Turtle.” I repeated firmly. “Turty turt turtal.” I grinned. Tony leaned back in the piano bench and squinted at the ceiling. After a while he looked back down to me.

“Moo.”

“Genius.”

My phone rang again, the sound ringing in my ears and the phone vibrating in my pocket. I slipped my phone out and chucked it across the room. Tony’s eyes widened. He slipped the cover over the piano, but his eyes never left my face.

“Tye?”

“Yeah?” I replied. My little brother paused, unsure of what to say. I laughed half-heartedly. “No, I’m not pissed. I just don’t want to pick up.” I told him with a shrug. Tony didn’t look the least bit convinced but since he didn’t say anything, I let it pass.

He got up and sat down in the seat across from me. After a long moment of silence, Tony finally opened his mouth. “Why are you at home so much now? Don’t you have to prepare for your comeback?” I rolled my eyes. As if we really needed one. No wait. We did need one.

“I dunno. Just don’t feel like meeting up with them.”

“You get in a fight?”

“No. Just don’t feel like it.” I repeated. Tony shot me a funny look. Instead of pointing out my lame response, he picked up a piece of paper and began folding it.

In all honesty, I myself didn’t know why I wouldn’t meet up with the guys or just pick up my phone. I mean, what if it was Mom who’d called? I wondered if I wanted to avoid Griffin. Or Ken. Or was I just reaching that time where my life on stage was dead and gone? Hopefully not, because that’d be some wicked bad timing. It crossed my mind once that I wanted to avoid Arina, but she wasn’t even part of Hourglass, plus she was actually about a block away right then.

“It’s nice having you home.” Tony said absently, finishing off his fifth box. It was the only origami he knew. “But I don’t really think you’re happy.” He added. I looked up, shooting him a confused look.