Chaper 6 - Raging Friends

HERMIONE'S POV

As soon as I was out of the train, I ran as fast as I could. It was pretty dark out here, but good thing I saw tons of fire torch which I assumed I was almost in the Castle.

How dare Malfoy touched me. I couldn't believe he attempted to kiss me! What an absolute arse!

I mean I have to be honest, he looks ravishingly handsome without a doubt, but with that disgusting and an obnoxious attitude of his destroys my feelings for him.

Right. Feelings.

Oh, Hermione Jean Granger, what is happening to you?

I slowed down a bit when I was nearing the door to the Great Hall. I felt utterly tensed when I realized of what would happen once I entered.

From my peripheral view, a shadow was moving up the stairs that led to the Great Hall. Malfoy.

I wasted no time opening the doors and hurriedly went inside. Chattering and whispers have now invaded the silence.

Loads of eyes were on me. I hate it when this kind of stuff happens. I kept my head down as I quickened my pace to find my friends.

I heard the door opened once again and steps entering the Hall as well. The whispers turned to talking.

I took a sharp breath but not stopping from walking. My hands had a hard grip on the sides of my robe. Finally, I found them and took a seat.

"Where have you been, Hermione?" Harry asked as I positioned myself in my seat.

I ignored him as I saw Professor McGonagall hitting her globlet glass with a teaspoon to get everyone's attention.

"Hermione!" Harry called in a whisper-shout tone but I shushed him when Professor Dumbledore stood up and began talking.

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement."

The commotion finally died down.

"This castle will not only be
your home this year... but home to some very special guests as well."

Our heads all turned to the door as Mr. Filch ran, weirdly, towards Professor Dumbledore.

"You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..."

He got cut off by Mr. Filch whispering to him. They talked for a few moments then he went on with the announcement as Mr. Filch ran back to the door.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen
to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament."

Few gasps can be heard.

"For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools, for a series of magical contests."

"From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. lf chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when l say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted."

Silence occupied the room for a few moments once again.

"But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime!"

The doors had been opened again, revealing students of the said Academy which is, I think, an all-girls school.

They were walking down the aisle along with their headmistress.

"Blimey. That's one big woman." I heard Seamus commented as they walked past our table.

Professor Dumbledore greeted their headmistress by kissing her hand.

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, lgor Karkaroff!"

Another group of students were revealed at the door and it seems to be an all-boys school.

I noticed all eyes were on the boy who entered last. He was wearing a fur hat and coat while walking the aisle with their headmaster. The commotion was starting again.

"Blimey, it's him!" Ron said with a suprised look on his face while the boy passed by him.

"Who?" I asked.

"It's Viktor Krum!" I heard Seamus as he was hitting Ron's arm.

Professor Dumbledore welcomed their headmaster with a hug.

After that, the feast began and everyone started to eat and chat about what they did before the term.

Me? For some odd reasons, I looked over to the Slytherin table and looked for him.

Panic was the first thing that popped into my head. He was already looking at me. He displayed a smirk on his face. As usual, I gave him a disgusted look as I quickly looked away and faced the food infront of me.

"Seriously Hermione, what's wrong? Where were you?" Harry asked.

I sighed. Should I tell him? Hm. Maybe not now.

"I, um, I left something... at the train." I answered as I put a spoonful of pudding in my mouth.

"Um, I don't expect you to answer this but..." He stopped, closed his eyes and breathed out.

"Were you with... Malfoy?" I nearly choked at the question. Ron joined in the conversation when he heard 'Malfoy'.

"I mean, he just entered the hall... right after you did." He explained further. I swallowed the pudding down to my throat.

"I... was, um, with him... BUT... kinda... not with him." They had this confusion and rage look.

"What happened?!?"

"What did he do to you?!"

"Guys, calm down. Nothing happened. I was just looking for something and we bumped into each other. He tried to make fun of me again but I kicked his ass. I'm okay." I said, trying to look proud so they won't charge Malfoy anymore. I don't want to make another scene.

"You better be, or else he won't be." Ron gritted through his teeth as he took a glance at Malfoy.

"Don't worry, Ron, I can handle him. I've punched him in the face. It doesn't mean I won't do it again." I gave them a smile and their rage dissolved into laughter.

==========

Hi!

This took me ALOT of time to write 😂 I really don't understand why I am finding it so hard to write Hermione's POV 😂 it's sort of short, i know. sorry ✌️

But anyway,

how was chapter 6? 😁

Please don't forget to vote/comment! Would mean so much to meee! mwah x

-R

P.S:

HAPPY 100 READS! :D Thank you so much and I'm glad that you're enjoying this book! <3