Chapter 26 - Gone Again

Shoutout to Divergent_violinist for voting the chapters of this book! ♡ I'm glad you're liking it! I hope you enjoy this one! ♡ mwah x

~~~

HERMIONE'S POV

I looked to my left and saw a handful of people sitting on the stairs. But as I looked to my right, I saw a figure who just turned to a corner.

It must be him.

I quickly followed the figure and blurted out, "Malfoy!" I turned to the corner but the figure didn't stop. I felt stares burning on me as I tried to follow Malfoy but I ignored them. I was sure it was him because I saw few strands of his blond hair. "Malfoy!" I closed my eyes and tried to catch up with him.

"What is it, Gra-"

But a disaster it was in just seconds. I accidentally bumped into him and we both fell, me landing on top of him.

Wht does it have to be too clichè?

My eyes were tightly shut, not ready to look at him. We both moaned and groaned in pain.

"What the hell were you even thinking, Granger?"

"Oh- my- God. I- am- so- sorry." I shakily whispered as it was followed by silence, floating around us.

I realized we were in a very inappropriate position so I tried to remove myself off of him. But he didn't let me. I couldn't steady my breathing as my heart started to pound out of my chest. What in the Merlin is he doing?

I asked, "What- are- you- doing- M-malfoy-?" as if I almost didn't heard what I said.

I waited but... no answer. I tighteningly shut my eyes even more as I felt a warm breathing touching my face.

Open your eyes!

Fingers brushed my cheek and to the back of my ear. Uh, what did he just do?

He tucked your hair, Hermione? Ring a bell? Come on, open your eyes!

I inhaled. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

It's now or never.

I slowly opened my eyes.

Brown met grey and got lost into it.

It felt so wrong yet so right.

I could feel myself about to melt but stopped and abruptly stood up. Yet again, Malfoy pulled me back.

"You're liking this aren't you..." He said, a smirk spreading across his lips. "... Granger?"

I pretended to be disgust, though I'm pretty sure my cheeks were bright red for Merlin knows how much red it was, and pulled myself up by pushing him down. This time, it was successful. "You're imagining things..." I stood up straight then looked down on him. "... Malfoy." I scowled.

"You know I still... clearly remember what you did to me." Emphasizing the word 'clearly', I watched him as he stood up, brushing dirt off of him.

But what he answered caught me off guard. "And you clearly remember that I apologized."

"You apologized? Since when?" I asked incredulously, but changed my mind in hearing his answer. "You know what? Nevermind. You're probably bluffing." I turned around from him and started to walk away.

"Why him?" A monotonous voice asked.

I was 3 three steps away from him but stopped at his question. What does he mean 'why him?' ?