Chapter 7 - Staring Contest

DRACO'S POV

I smirked and wriggled my eyebrows at Weasel as he glared at me.

I guess Granger told them about what happened.

"Draco." I took an apple on the tray of fruits.

"What?" I asked trying to sound uninterested as I took a bite on the apple.

"Um, sorry if we sort of-" I immediately digested what I was eating and turned to Goyle.

"Yeah. Whatever." I gave him a glare.

"Crabbe and I just changed into our robes but then the train stopped and we'd arrived."

"I don't wanna here your love-making. It's disrespectful and disgusting. I'm eating. Now, shut up." I firmly said and took another bite of the apple.

I saw him moved far from me so there was a small gap between us.

"Did I ask you to move away from me?" I raised my voice.

"You guys, my so-called friends, left me at the compartment. All by my bloody self. Huh. Unbelievable and you're gonna leave me now? What great friends you are really." I didn't noticed my voice was too raised that some people were looking at me.

Something frustrates me.

The kind of frustration where I think the people I'm trying to trust will leave me. The kind of frustration that people don't understand what I've been going through. The kind of frustration that no one would believe me if I told them the truth.

I'm actually frustrated why I'm thinking all about this. I'm being riddiculous. Maybe that's why I'm frustrated.

It's because of Granger.

Why? I don't know either.

Merlin, I'm going ballistic.

"Your attention, please! l'd like to say a few words." Silence was afloat again when Dumbledore spoke.

"Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

Eternal Glory? More like... suicide, to me.

"For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the Department of lnternational Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch."

We noticed that the ceiling was acting weird that it had made a loud thunder which made the students shrieking.

But then, there was this man, one-eyed I think, who casted a spell, using his wand, onto the ceiling and it stopped making thunder sounds.

Dumbledore recognized who he was and gave him a hug.

"Is that Mad-Eye Moody?" I over heard from a student sitting near me.

"Yeah. I heard he was an Auror. What is he doing here?"

"Auror?"

"Oh, right. Aurors catch dark wizards and puts them in Azkaban."

Then the Ministry representative stepped infront and spoke.

"After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of 17  shall be allowed..."

Students started shouting... things.

"Rubbish!"
"You don't know what you're doing!"
"Why are you doing this?!"

Well, they're not too happy about that.

I looked at the tray of food infront of me, I kept my head down and took a bite of my apple.

"... to put forth their
name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final."

"Silence!"

As I slowly turn my head up, I saw... Granger. I felt my face relaxed when I immediately saw her.

I questioned myself, how is she doing this to me? I mean, she's not even doing anything at all! She's just... undescribable.

There she goes, tucking strands of her brunette and a bit of curly hair behind her ear. Her brown eyes twinkling as she blinks. Her skin, as white and as smooth as they can be. I can imagine her lips being soft, gentle and... kissable. She's utterly beautiful.

I felt my heart beating faster. I slowly put my hand on my chest. It really is beating faster. I quietly laughed at what just happened.

Merlin, please stop. My chest hurts, literally.

If only. I sighed at the thought.

If only I could show her how much I am madly inlove with her.

Everytime I stare at her, everything around me is in a mute and in a blur.

I came back to reality as she saw me staring which made me turn my head to the front at full tilt. I saw this giant cup with fire floating on it.

"... and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun." Dumbledore must've said a really long speech and that I've only heard the last 2 sentences from staring at Granger.

I turned to look at her again. She was now staring at me.

Are we really having a staring contest?

==========

Hi!

I know this is kinda short for the progession of events (sorry 😭)

But I'm doing this for something because I'm thinking of making another sequel so i hope you understand 😁

So, how was chapter 7? 😁

Don't forget to vote/comment! Would mean so much to meee! mwah x

-R