Chapter 22 - An Attractive Arsehole

Shoutout to xYourJustSaneAsIAmx, Slytherinprincess001, MuppetGirl123 for voting from Chapter 1-21! THAT IS REALLY INSANE AND I AM REALLY HAPPY THANK YOU ♡ I'm quite glad you guys are enjoying this seeing as this is not really good :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one! mwah x

~~~

HERMIONE'S POV

I was almost done with my Arithmacy homework when a shadow, hovering my area, blocked the light I was using.

I inwardly groaned. "I'm sorry mi lady, for disturbing." But tensed in a snap. That accent and the deep and husky tone.

I looked up and suddenly, my body went numb and pale.

No. That can't be him.

Viktor Krum, the best seeker in the world, is not standing right before my eyes.

The person, first, bowed then spoke, "We haven't been introduced properly. I am Viktor Krum from the Durmstrang Academy."

What is he doing here?

I examined him for a second, leaving us with a moment of silence. He stood proud, showing a smile and was wearing a soldier-like green outfit.

"Uh. Hi." I greeted, glancing at the quill I was holding and putting it back on the ink bottle then glancing back at him. I felt eyes burning on the scene, meaning some people are listening. I better be careful.

I took out my hand for him to shake it. "I'm Hermione Granger." But he didn't.

"Ah yes. Well, if you don't mind..."

Instead, he held it in his hand for a second then continued. "Hermione Granger, will you do the honor of being my partner for The Yule Ball? I understand if you don't want to."

It wasn't just my gasp that I heard but some people's too.

The Best Seeker in the world just asked me to go with him to The Yule Ball.

But what about Ron?

Oh Dear Merlin. I was going out of my mind! I couldn't think straight!

I wanted Ron to ask me. I wanted him to be my partner for The Yule Ball but there seemed to be no hope. I tried bringing up the topic and he kept changing it. Clearly, he doesn't want me to go to the Yule Ball with him.

But you like him, right?

Viktor Krum was on the very bottom- well, second to the last actually- of my list of who I think I'll have a chance with to go to the ball. Should I accept? or decline?

"I... um..."

I guess I should accept it. After all, he was nice. A kind and a polite gentleman. But he was too good for me. Girls were head over heels for him, which made me wonder why he chose me out of them. I mean, I fancied him but not that much. I was trying to avoid him, to be honest.

Ron. Viktor. Ron. Viktor. Ron. Viktor.

Ron. Ron. Ron.

"Um. I'm not really sure, Viktor." I sighed, his face softening and his lips forming a thin line.

But if I say no, girls will, no doubt, try to cut my head off, far worse than Nearly-Headless Nick. Which made me plan various of back up plans when that happens.

I shook the thoughts away. "But, I think I could, so... yes." I beamed a smile at him.

His lips curled up and formed a smile, so wide that it showed his teeth.

'He looks so cute.'

I can't believe I just said 'Yes' to a person's proposal for The Yule Ball and not to mention we barely know each other.

He then bent, my hand still in his, and kissed the back of it.

I couldn't help but blush and smile at his gestures.

I wish Ron would be like that.

Just then, several thuds on the floor were heard, making our heads turn and search where it came from.

And when I was about to turn to Viktor once again, my eyes got locked with someone else's for a few seconds, when he passed by. Cold, icy, angry and grey eyes looking- partially glaring, I think- at me.

Why the hell is giving me that look? That stupid ferret think he can boss and scare anyone. He's really... an arsehole and it fits him just fine!

He looks liks an arsehole that when something comes out of him, it's full of crap! Oh how I got angrier at him ever since I got stuck with him in the Hospital Wing.

He was an attractive arsehole- wait, no. That didn't sound right. Oh what was I even thinking?!

"I will be going now, Hermione Granger. Thank you for accepting. I cannot wait for The Yule Ball." Viktor then bowed once again, then left.

Oh Merlin, what would the whole school think when they find out about this?

=====

"Uh. Hermione... you're a girl." I raised my brow at him, having no idea of where he was going with this. He was teasing me these past few days about me not having anyone to go to The Yule Ball and he wasn't getting the idea that I wanted him to ask me!

"Very well spotted." I replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Come with one of us..." He trailed off and tried to imitate dancing with a partner. Just then, Professor Snape hit the back of his head with a book. Harry laughed, earning a book hitting his head by Professor Snape also. Both grunted lowly in pain and looked down on their test.

Ron scratched his head after Professor Snape was no longer behind them."Come on. lt's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad."

Oh Merlin, help me! But don't give me strength because I might just be able to punch him square in the face.

I don't understand.

I like him. But I also hate him. For being so stubborn and so oblivious!

"l won't be going alone, because,
believe it or not, someone's asked me!" I furiously said through my gritted teeth. I stood up to walk over to Professor Snape and handed him my answer booklet.

Gathering all my might to go back to where I was seated, my hands grab hold of my things, I paused for a moment and looked at Ron dead in the eye, "And I said yes!" With that, I started walking away.

Finally, Potion's done.

I looked around, trying to find something that would push him out of my mind, a familiar blond haired boy met my gaze, which made me stopped in my tracks. For some odd reasons, my surroundings seemed to stop too.

I breathed in and out as my anger faded away then felt my face flushed and it seems his face did too.

But he quickly replaced it with disgust. I broke our eye contact as I rolled my eyes, my gaze down on the floor while I continued waking out of the Hall.

What the hell is the arsehole on about?

You mean an attractive arsehole.

W-what?

=====

Hi!

I know its a bit short sorryyy

ANYWAYYY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRACO ♡♡♡ You're 36 now... a bit old HAHA

How was chapter 22? :)

Please don't forget to vote/comment! Would mean so much to meee! mwah! x

- R

P.S

2K READS?!?! MERLINS BEARD I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE

JUST

THANK YOU GUYS OMG

AND YEAH AGAIN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRACO ♡ WE LOVE YOU! (but hermione loves you more ♡ lmao)