Chapter 7

16 years later

"Mom, will you please stop. I need to study." My daughter Grace Lilith Mason, was studying for a huge exam.

"Sorry honey" getting up from the table. Going into the kitchen to start dinner. After leaving my whole life behind for my daughter, she just didn't get it.
Stacy emails me what is happening to the pack and my parents. They didn't know about Grace, I was going to tell them but how when you know that they would ask who the father was. Shaking my head, I was informed that Matt was still with Ashley and they had a son who was a couple of months younger than Grace. I had moved to Missouri and joined a small pack called white moon pack. It was a small pack of five hundred, the alpha Jordan and his Luna Mary were really sweet for allowing me to join. I became a lawyer after college and been doing well for myself. My thoughts were interrupted when the phone ranged dropping the knife to answer it.

"Hello" answering.

"Hannah, its Stacy."

"Oh hey honey, what's up" going back in the kitchen to finish cooking.

"Hey I have some bad news" that made me pause. " its Tina, honey she had a heart attack."

"What" leaning against the counter.

"Yeah, it happened after the pack meeting."

"Is she okay"

She was silent, I growled into the phone "Stacy"

"She is in a coma Hannah" my heart sank, tears were sliding down my face. My mother was in a coma and I was not there with her. Hanging up the phone on Stacy and stood there in silent. Looking up to see Grace standing crying, I knew she heard the conversation.

"Oh honey" walking up to her and holding her while she cried. She never met my mother but I told her stories about her.

"Honey I want you to go up to your room and pack some clothes. We are leaving." With that I called Jordan,

"Hello alpha, I know you are extremely busy with work but I wanted to inform you that I would like to leave for a family emergency."

"Who is this" he said through the phone.

"Its Hannah Mason, alpha"

"Oh Hannah, what is the family emergency."

"My mother had a heart attack, now she is in a coma" trying to cry yet.

"Oh Hannah, sure you can stay as long as you need to. I will contact their alpha to inform him that your coming."

"Okay thanks" he was going to contact Matt that I was coming back. I didn't want to return but I knew I was going to have to one of these days. Heading upstairs to tell grace what was happening and tell her that she would meet her father.

Grace POV

I needed to get an A on this test. Mom was sitting next to staring j couldn't focus. Telling her that I needed to study she got up with a hurt expression felling bad. I got up and followed her half way until the phone went off. I could hear Hannah walking to get it, so I waited until she was done. Getting closer to the kitchen, i could barely hear the conversation but i got pieces. Stacy was telling Hannah that her mother had a heart attack. I was crying cause I never met the woman that was my grandmother, I knew heart attacks were dangerous. I froze when I heard her growl.

'Stacy' the woman on the other end finally spoke.

'She is in a coma Hannah' who was in a coma. I just felt numb, this was the worst day for Hannah. She hung up the phone and turned until she noticed that I was standing in the doorway crying. ' Oh honey' then she walked over to me and just held me while I cried.

'Honey I want you to go upstairs and pack some clothes. We are leaving' nodding my head and turned around and walked to mg room. I knew she was calling the pack alpha cause we couldn't leave without his permission. Grabbing my suitcase out of my closet and started to pack the things we were going to need. I knew my grandmother was in the hospital but I hoped she was okay cause I would love to really get to know her and my family. Then a thought came to mind that I would possibly meet my father all I knew was that he rejected Hannah and that was all. There was a knock on the door,
"Come in" still looking at my clothes.

"Hey how is everything up here" sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Okay I guess trying to make sure I have everything I needed." Looking up at her,

"Grace I need to tell you something."

"Okay"

"Well I wanted to tell you something and I don't know how to go about it."

"Mom are you trying to tell me about my dad." She froze , I could tell she was shocked.

"Yes" something told me not to say anything and just let her tell me. " well grace since your old enough I can tell you of my past. Your father rejected me to be with his girlfriend. They were together for many years and I guess he didn't want to let that go cause we were mates." I knew he rejected her but I didn't know about the side piece. A little pissed off about him using her like that. Clicking that she was still talking I focused.

" I dropped out of school since it was just miserable watching him. Then I found out that I was pregnant with you, then I knew that I would need to leave. Before I left I went to an OB appointment to check everything was okay and then he was there with her and I found out she pregnant as well."
She was crying not looking at me I wanted to comfort her but she needed to get this off her chest.

"Next thing I did was bolt and never look back." Wiping the tears away, "the reason why I'm saying this is cause you might bump into him, I can tell you who he is if you want."

"Screw him, I rather not know." With that I just hugged her while she cried some more. All I could think is who ever my father is he better stay clear cause I already have a father and I'm holding her.