Chapter 16

I woke up to the sound of machinery looking around nobody was in the room, glancing down there was a tube coming out of my mouth. So I was in the hospital that was correct. What happened for me to come into the hospital then it all came back to me. I was attacked someone was trying to kill me but who. I haven't really made any enemies since being here, other than Ashley but I mean why would she want me dead. She is with the man I was destined to be with so she couldn't be the one. As I was in my own thoughts I didn't notice the door opening up it took a minute to see Matt standing next to the bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling" nodding my head to his question couldn't answer since the tube. 

"Good, thank God you are alright. I thought I was not going to make it in time. When I crashed through the door all I remember was you laying under those bastards." his voice had changed so I knew that it was his wolf talking to me. "Anyways they wont be holding anyone else down" he smiled at that. That creeped me out a little.

I tapped his hand, he looked down at our hands "What, do you need something" 

I used my finger to write down Grace's name on his palm. He looked down at me "She just left to go and get something to drink she will be right back. She hasn't left your side since you were brought in." Nodding. He finally took a seat down next to me he held my hand and just sat there in silent. Wondering what he was thinking, I laid there staring at the man as he held my hand Emma was yelling me my head about how she wanted her mate back and how he was supposed to be ours. 

"Hannah, I want you to know that I love you" he looked up "I have always loved you" 

"Then why did you choose someone else." I thought. 

"But I was a dumb  child that didn't know what he truly wanted, I was with Ashley for four years and we made that pact when we first started dating. I didn't know what to do when I first found out that you were my mate at first I was excited that I finally found you but then I thought what was I going to do with Ashley and would I make  you happy since being an alpha was very tiring work and I didn't know if I would have time to really be with you." he paused to stare me in the face. "Little did you know that I was going to leave Ashley after I had found you but then she came over to tell me that she thought she was pregnant." Thinking back to that day at the hospital "I never thought you were going to be there as well, when I first walked into the clinic I swore that smelt your scent but then I thought maybe my mind was playing tricks but then I found you and that whole mess with finding out that you might be carrying my child. You ran before I could tell you anything, I was going to tell you that I was going to end it with Ashley and be with you but you never even gave me the chance to tell you that. My mother and father knew that Ashley was not my mate but I needed to do the right thing so I ended up marrying her." 

My heart was beating so much that I couldn't control, the monitor was telling all because it was going crazy with everything he was saying to me. Matt was crying he had real tears falling down his face. I so much wanted to tell him something anything but this stupid tube was stopping me. Matt looked at the monitor and smiled. "I see that you are really taking all this well." 

The nurse and doctor came in the room "Hello Hannah, I need you to calm down for a moment okay." I took a deep breath to calm down when the monitor went back to the green the doctor smiled "Alright Hannah, so when you were brought in your neck was slashed pretty good, we thought you weren't going to be able to talk since there was some damage to your throat but you were healing faster on the table that it seemed that you wont have any scaring"

As he was talking the door opened and in came the only person that really mattered. Grace looked at me and smiled, she walked passed the doctor and came to sit on the edge of the bed. She didn't look any where but to me "Mom you scared me." was all she said. 

"I'm sorry my little one." linking her. 

"what where you thinking, I mean I'm young and all but why didn't you call me i could have told someone one to come and help you." 

"I didn't want someone to get hurt in my place." with sad eyes. 

"Do you have a clue who could have sent them,"  shaking my head. "No clue but someone is out to get rid of me and i don't know if they are going to come after you as well." 

"So please watch your back while I'm in here. It should take me a little past a day to get fully healed." 

"Will do" when i glanced passed to Matt he was watching us in understanding. He knew that we were talking to each other. "Grace I need you to become closer with your father okay, you were suppose to meet up with him before this all happened." she turned around to look at him and back at me and smiled. As she stood back up she walked up to him and stood next to him that the doctor could come check me out. Once he was done with the check he left the three of us alone  

"So I will let you two talk a little bit more while i go figure out who did this." He didn't give us a chance to tell him to stay so I looked at Grace and nodded my head. While she smiled she headed out the door to catch up to her father so I just laid there and thought about what he told me and what does that mean for the two of us. Cause he is still with his wife and I don't want to be that woman who ruins someone marriage life. Matt could say that I was his mate but who would believe him. Closing my eyes I decided to push it the back of my mind and allow my thoughts to wonder on who was out to get me.