Chapter 3: Saving You Makes Us Cool, Right?

😼

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140212192537/vampirediaries/images/0/08/Elena-and-Katherine-The-Vampire-Diaries-5-03-Original-Sin-katherine-pierce-and-elena-gilbert-35847538-245-225.gif

"Where have you been?" Elena asked as I walked in from the rain.

"When did you get back?" I attempted to distract.

"I asked first" she gave me a stern look.

"Fine, I was with Jenna. The storm got her out of whatever she was doing and we played catch-up before she had to run off to do whatever when some guy walked in, I think she was avoiding him because she didn't look her best. Who is he by the way? Kinda cute" I made my eyebrows dance slightly.

"Alaric?" she scoffed slightly and I nodded. "The new history teacher, Tanner...passed away not so long ago" she shook her head slightly. "Anyway, did you see anyone else?"

"Not really, when Jenna left I thanked Matt for covering for me yesterday--then I came straight here" I hung my coat up and shook my slightly damp hair, thank god for hoods.

"How did he cover for you?" she frowned.

"I was pretending to be you at the grill yesterday, I met Stefan as you. But I just wanted to see my best friend, I asked him to pretend I wasn't there at all so it would be a surprise when you got home last night" I explained.

"That was you?" her eyes were wide.

"Yeah, sorry for all the hoopla but I wanted to surprise my twin. Did I cause problems?" I pouted.

"Not really, Stefan got a bit panicked though because he thought Katherine had turned up" Elena seemed to be in relief that it was actually me.

"Well, that explains his rudeness this morning then" I chuckled and held my neck, remembering the violent act. "Moving on, when did you get back?"

"Only an hour ago, no longer. And that reminds me, Damon Salvatore--" I cut her off.

"Oh let me guess: tall? Leather jacket? A bit of a drunk? Blue eyes that rival even those of Matty-blue blue's?" I listed off.

"Yeah, how did you know?" she frowned.

"I may have pretended to be you more than once yesterday, we ran into each other" I scratched the inside of my wrists in a sheepish fashion.

"Seriously?" I just nodded at her look. "Fine, then you should know he's the reason our mother's a vampire" Elena said sourly.

"Christ, how much do you hate him?" I asked while pulling my hair over my right shoulder, leaving the back of my neck exposed.

"Excuse me?" she put her hands on her hips.

"I can literally taste the venom in your tone, and feel the anger rolling off of you in waves. Why do you care? She's just some woman that abandoned us, she doesn't deserve your anger over her death" I raised a brow.

"Even after she saved your life?" Elena was confused.

"Especially. She wasn't around for 17 years of my life, she shouldn't expect me to be calling her mom after stopping a douche from trying to have a nip at my neck. I honestly don't care. But you can feel whatever you want, just because we're twins doesn't mean even our opinions should match" I copied her stance with my hands on my hips as her stance dropped, and she would have said something else if her phone hadn't of decided to ring.

She moved to answer it, checking the caller ID made her press ignore and turn back to me. Sadly(!) Her words were once again stopped when knocking sounded from the front door. "This talk isn't over" she pointed at me and gave me a firm look before turning to answer the door. I turned my back on her and the door, walking into the kitchen for a drink.