Chapter 8: All That For A Hug?

🙀

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d35afee69dd67de6e543730eb90d838/tumblr_mi4nherjrc1rp4im3o7_250.gif.

"I think I look much prettier in this get up" I laughed while wearing the spare dress Elena had for today's parade, and admired my curled to perfection hair style, it's even better than my casual curls.

"Why are you wearing that?" she laughed as Jenna helped her into her dress.

"Carol want's me to pretend to help injured soldiers, and I wanted to wear a big fancy dress. Is that a crime?" I smirked.

"You know it's not" she rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm gonna head over there, see how your escort looks in his fancy get up. Don't take to long" I smiled and rushed towards my car, expecting to make it to school a good 10 minutes before her.

-TIME SKIP-

Why did I agree to this? I didn't think a corset would be this painful as I trudged along the grassy front of our school. Seeing the Salvatore's in the distance, Damon saw me first and I smirked at him. And when Stefan turned around I did a little curtsy, while continuing my smirking. "Hey" I walked up to them.

"Kat?" Stefan frowned.

"How bad am I at playing Elena nowadays? You two seem to find it the most simple thing in the world to tell us apart" I frowned.

"Elena never smirks, it shows you have bad intentions" Damon smirked at me.

"Well it's a good thing you'll never find out my bad intentions then, isn't it?" I raised an eyebrow,

"Where's Elena?" Stefan asked.

"Still getting ready at home, give her a few more minutes and she'll show up" I shrugged.

"Kat?" Stefan spoke up, as Damon backed off slightly.

"What?" I frowned at his serious look.

"There's something we need to tell you and Elena" he somehow became more serious.

"Well tell me now and Elena later. What is it?" I whined.

"We think John Gilbert's your father?" Stefan let out the bad news.

"John? Really?" they nodded. "Is--is that even possible?"

"Well, there's no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the only one who brought her to your dad's office for delivery" Stefan set out the facts.

"My whole life, I've never liked this man. My whole life, he's been the a$$hole uncle John. And now..." I trailed off, resting my hand on my stomach, trying not to throw up.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just--I wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you in some typically inappropriate way" Stefan tried to calm me.

"Oh give me credit, I'm not that bad" Damon defended while walking closer to us again.

"No, I'm happy that you told me. I wouldn't have cared if either did. I just...i really hope that it's not true" I confessed. "What am I supposed to do? Do I just...confront him? Shout about it? Threaten him? Blame him? Make it all one big joke? What about--" Stefan silenced my rambling by pulling me into a much-needed hug.

"When you're ready. Do whatever you feel is needed for the situation" his voice soothed my nerves.

"I'll never be ready for something like that. I guess we just need to wait until I'm angry enough at him" I replied into his shoulder and squeezed tighter, him copying. "Thank you, Stefan, god am I happy to have a friend like you" I smiled and pulled away, in the distance I saw me walking with Jenna. "There's Elena, good luck telling her" I pointed her out and gave him a look of encouragement as he walked towards her.