Chapter 25: I'll Have A Mother Cooked Medium Well To Well Done Please...

🙀

http://33.media.tumblr.com/ad6d862885a9c9d567d2a60072604a07/tumblr_n0fkbwe1801s1aqajo1_500.gif.

I was lying on the couch when Elena walked downstairs, a stressed look on her face. "Hi" I spoke in a quiet tone as I pushed myself slightly higher up the sofa, leaning back on my elbows. "How is she?"

"Still in her room, still not talking to me" she sighed as there was a knock on the door.

"Hey. Is she up yet?" Elena let Alaric in as he talked.

"She won't come out of her room" Elena answered before closing the door.

"What'd you tell her?" Ric asked.

"Nothing. She won't talk to me" her voice shook but she kept a hold of her emotions.

"We're gonna have to fix this, Elena" Ric stated the obvious.

"Yeah" she agreed. "Hey."

"Jenna" they both tried to grab her attention as she walked downstairs, I didn't pay any attention. I tried to coax her out to talk to me half the night, I'm too tired to react at the moment.

"I don't want you here Ric. You need to go" she dropped her bag by the door and went to the cupboard.

"Ok, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now" Ric started.

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it" Jenna answered his unasked question.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked as she grabbed her jacket from the cupboard and closed the door back over.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house" she picked her bag back up before talking.

"Jenna please just stop, let us explain to you exactly what is going on" Ric tried to slow her down.

"Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwoods' today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation" Jenna opened the door.

"Ok, but, Jenna, please just--" Jenna cut Elena off.

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you" with that she left, slamming the door on the way.

"Jenna, just--" Elena moved to open the door.

"Let her go" d!*kbag stopped her. "It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on" John justified.

"You're a d!*k, if it weren't for you and the wh*re you had us with--no offense Ric, then Jenna would be fine, safe and clueless!" I finally got up, stormed towards him and slapped him across the face.

"It's not my fault you all weren't a little more honest with her" he held his cheek.

"No, but it's your fault for planting doubts in her head, threatening Ric and then inviting that vampire b!**h back into town!" I fumed.

"Still, don't think the blame can be fully put on me" he denied before I saw a fist fly past my face, hitting John's nose and sending him back a few steps. I grinned once Ric pulled back, glad to see a small line of blood leave John's nose.

"Sorry, girls" Ric apologized.

"No, by all means, take another shot if you wish" I encouraged as he walked towards the front door and left. Elena laughed slightly and I joined her as we looked at John's face.

"You know this is all your fault, so don't even try to deny it" Elena blamed John also. "Right?"

"Right" John agreed.