Chapter 12: Bored

😼

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35600000/I-m-bored-katherine-pierce-35637827-300-170.gif.

'Why me?'

I continued my texted conversation with Katherine.

Her reasoning annoyed me:

'Because I need a backup plan if Mason can't get the moonstone.'

I frowned during my reply:

'That still doesn't explain why I should try and befriend Tyler! Plus, what happened to your ABC back-up's?'

I took a sip of my coke before my phone dinged with her answer:

'I still have them, but I need you to try and befriend Tyler if he get's the moonstone and decides to keep it instead of giving it to his trusty uncle Mason.'

I rolled my eyes and said all I could think of to her justification:

'I hate you.'

Her reply was smug:

'Mean it?'

'You know I don't'

I sighed after sending that, then waited a minute before agreeing to her idea:

'Fine, I'll try and befriend the idiot.'

I didn't wait for a reply and exited the chat, deleting it and slipping my phone into my bag. You never know when someone decides to read through my messages to see plots with Katherine, I normally erase our conversations every other day because of my paranoia over it. Finishing my drink I pulled my bag over my shoulder and stood, preparing to leave. "What do you want?" I muttered to the person standing behind me.

"So this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back" Damon stated as I turned to face him.

"Yeah. It's a cozy place to plot against your next victim, especially if your main goal is to be a raging b!*ch" I forced a smile and waited for a reply.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I made myself clear, Damon. Your stalker tendencies are seriously getting in the way of me trying to avoid you" I moved to pass him.

"Ok. See you at Jenna's barbecue" his casual reply halted me in my steps, I turned to face him again.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?" I frowned.

"It was my idea" he took credit. "Jenna went to High School with Mason Lockwood. So I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So, I told Ric to tell Jenna and--" I cut him off.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there? Because from what I hear, she hate's you" I asked bluntly as a blonde waitress placed a white box on the table in front of me and Damon.

"Perfect" he whispered to her with a thumbs up "Thank you" he looked down at it as she walked away. "I'm hoping this Peach Cobbler will pave the way" he picked it up and moved to pass me, I blocked his exit.

"What are you up to?" I frowned.

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he's a werewolf" Damon leaned in slightly, and spoke in a low tone. "See you at the barbecue" he smiled before walking away.