Chapter 9: New Car

2 weeks later
Katniss POV

I really need a new car. Ever since I had that accident and I don't have a car, Peeta has been driving me places. I don't mind it but I prefer to drive myself around.

  Peeta, Willow and I are going to a car dealership to find a new car. Willow is excited because we haven't ever gotten a new car after she was born.

When we get there we get out of the car and go inside. There are many different cars on display inside. Willow immediately goes and runs towards one.

  " I like this one," she says and I laugh.

  " I think that car may be a little too small," I tell Willow chuckling.

  A man that works there comes up to us and asks us if we need any help. " Is there anything that you needed help with," he asks.

  " Uh. Yeah. We were looking to buy a new car," I tell him.

  " Oh great! Well what did you have in mind," he asks Peeta and I.

  " More of a car that is good for a family," he says. Peeta tells him the brand that we were looking for and the man takes us over to the section outside.

  " Okay so these are the ones that will probably fit your description best," he tells us. I nod.

  " Alright," I say while looking at each one. We all go around checking out each car. The man explains them and we listen carefully not wanting to make the wrong decision.

We walk up to a car and I stare at it. It looks nice. The color is nice. The inside is big enough for us all and everything else that the man explains seems good. They ask us if we want to take it for a test drive. I nod with a smile.

I show him my drivers license and get into the car. I turn around and make sure Willow has her seatbelt on and then I begin to drive.

" What do you think so far?," the man asks us.

" It's nice," I say as I turn a corner.

" How about you," he says looking at Willow.

She gives him a shy nod. When we get back to the car dealership, I think I make my decision. Peeta and I talk it over a little bit before we make our final decision.

  " Are you sure you want this one," Peeta asks. I look at it and smile.

  " Yeah. I think it's perfect," I say. I give him a kiss and the man walks over.

  " So. What do you think," he says.

  " I think we want that one," I tell him. He nods and leads us into a room to sign some papers. While he is talking, Willow cannot sit still.

  " Hey, Willow. Sit okay," I tell her. She looks at me and sits down in the chair next to me. I know this is really boring for her.

  When we are done signing the papers we are given the keys to the car. I take the new car home with Willow and Peeta drives our other old car home.

   When we get home we park and get out of the car. Willow has fallen asleep. I pick her up and carry her. Peeta runs up to me and stops me.

  " I've got her," he says to me as he takes her from my arms. " You don't need to be doing any heavy lifting, okay," I nod with a smile and unlock the door.

  Peeta puts Willow upstairs in her bed and I wait for him to come back downstairs. When he comes back down he gives me a tight hug and I hug him back.

  It has been a long day. We have been at the car dealership all day and it is now six o'clock. He takes my hand and brings me upstairs to our room. We lay down in bed and face each other. Peeta pushes the loose hair out of my face.

  " I love you," he says.

  " I love you, too," I reply. His hands move down to my stomach which is bigger now. He rubs his hand over it.

  " Have you been thinking of names?," he asks me.

  " No not yet. Do you have any in mind," I ask.

" Uh kinda. But I don't know if you would like it," he says. I look at him.

" Well what is it," he asks me.

" Uhhh..." he stutters.

" Just say it," I say laughing trying to get him to tell me.

" Okay. I was thinking... Rye?" he says with a small smile. I stare at him with a funny grin on my face thinking. " What do you think?" he asks me.

" I like it," I say to him but he frowns.

" Are you sure?" he asks again. " Don't choose it just because it was a suggestion of mine. I want you to think that it is perfect too," he tells me.

  " No, I really do like it," I reply chuckling. That's what we will name him. Rye.