Chapter 13: Willow's Class

Katniss POV

I am making Willow some lunch when I see her doing a few rolls on the carpet in the living room. I make her a plate of food and bring it into the dining room where we usually eat. I look at her as she does a head stand on the floor.

" Willow, be careful, okay. Come eat your lunch," I tell her. She runs over to the table and sits down about to dig into her hotdogs and macaroni and cheese. " Wait! Go wash your hands first," I tell her. She groans a little but eventually gets up to wash her hands.

When she comes back she sits down at the table again. " Where you doing flips over there?" I ask her giggling.

" Mhm," she says as she takes a bite of her food.

" You're a little gymnast, aren't you?" I say to her as I give her a little tickle. She giggles then continues to eat. This begins to make me think. What if Willow were to join a gymnastics class. I think she would like it a lot. Maybe I should look into it.

I go to sit down on the couch and I grab my cell phone. I look up 'gymnastics classes near me' and many things pop up as results. I find one that is about twenty minutes away and read more about them on their website. The place is called Tumble Time and they start with kids from age three.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a few days of thinking and asking Peeta if putting Willow into gymnastic classes was a good idea, I finally decided to give them a call. I dial the number and the phone rings.

  " Hello, this is Tumble Time Gymnastics. My name is Teresa, how can I help you," the woman on the phone asks in a polite way.

  " Hi, I was looking into putting my daughter into a gymnastics class," I tell her.

  " Okay great! How old is she," she asks me.

  " Four years old," I say.

  " Okay, and does she have any experience in a gymnastics class," she questions me.

  " No, she doesn't," I inform her.

  " Okay that's completely fine. There is a new class starting next Monday at 6:30 to 8:00pm. How is that time?" She asks me.

  " That's actually pretty good," I reply. I can here her chuckle through the phone.

  " Alright, great! What's your daughters name," she asks me.

  " Willow. Willow Mellark," I tell her.

  " M-E-L-L-A-R-K?" she spells her last name out just to be sure.

  " Yep! That's right," I reply. We go over payments and I think that everything sounds good. We have a set up practice on Monday with other kids Willow's age.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Today is Monday and Willow has her first practice. I got her a leotard that she wont take off and she looks adorable in it. She runs up to me as I grab my car keys.

  " Are we going now?!" Willow asks me impatiently.

  " Yes! Right now," I reply laughing. She smiles and runs out of the door. I help her get into the car and she closes the door and buckles her seatbelt. I get into the car and turn it on.

  " Alright lets go," I say as I pull out of the driveway. Willow is practically bouncing in her seat.

" Mommy! Are we there yet?!" she repeats over and over. I turn a corner into the parking lot.

" Now we are here," I tell her. She takes off her seatbelt and jumps out of her seat. I get out and open the door for her.

  When we get inside I go up to the front desk as Willow looks through a glass door at all if the older kids doing gymnastics.

" Hi, how can I help you," the lady at the front desk asks me.

" Hi, my daughter Willow Mellark is here for her first class," I tell her. She nods with a smile.

" Oh yes! I remember speaking to you on the phone," she tells me. I smile as she pulls out a sign in sheet.

" Okay, so every time you come just sign Willow in and when you leave, sign her out," she tells me. I nod and put my signature next to her name. " Willow's class will start in about five minutes."

" Okay," I reply. We walk into an area where parents are waiting and watching their kids do gymnastics. There are also kids that are about Willow's age of waiting and playing with each other.

I sit down in a chair and Willow stands next to me as she keeps looking at the other kids.

" You wanna go talk to the other kids?" I ask her. She nods but looks a little shy. " Go ahead," I tell her.

Willow walks over to the kids and smiles a little. Another girl walks up to her.

" Hi. What's your name," she asks Willow.

" Willow," she replies looking shy.

" I'm Katie," she tells her. " Do you want to be my friend?" she asks. Willow smiles and nods. I love the fact that she can make friends so easily. A woman and a man walk up to them with a wide smile.

  " Hi guys, we are your teachers," the lady says.

" Yep. My name is Coach H. and her name is Coach R." the man tells them.

I watch them as they go and begin to start practice. They start off with basic things like stretching and forward rolls.

Willow is doing well. I am proud of her. The coach tells them to get a quick drink of water so Willow comes running back to me.

" You having fun?" I ask her. She nods with a huge smile.

" I love gymnastics!" she exclaims loudly mispronouncing the word gymnastics. I see a lady look at me and giggle at Willow's loud comment. I realize that she is Katie's mother.

Willow finishes her class and when we get home, she won't stop talking about it. During dinner, Willow tells Peeta all about her day and he listens, happy that his daughter is joyful.