Chapter 5- Stuck

June 10, 2015

"Okay, so what about this one?" Bridget twirled in a red dress.

"Eh, I don't like it," Desiree said before laying back on Bridget's bed.

They had spent the last few days together, with Desiree being suspended and all, she had a little bit more free time on her schedule. Bridget was preparing for her trip to New York and Desiree was preparing for her best friend Quentin's arrival.

"You don't like anything!" Bridget groaned.

"Because I don't care what you try on, you look beautiful in whatever you wear but I just don't like the style of that dress. I'm not into all of this Bridget," Desiree groaned.

"Because all you're into are sweatpants and hoodies," Bridget rolled her eyes.

Desiree sat up, "You're mean dude."

"So, get over it," Bridget chuckled before taking off the dress.

Desiree's eyes went wide, every time Bridget undressed she went into the bathroom, this time the brunette undressed right in from of the rookie. Desiree stared at Bridget in her black lace panties and matching bra, her eyes drifted to Bridget's ass, she bit her lip, "Now This! You can wear this, the view is much better."

"Stop being a pervert for like two seconds, how about this?" She held up a white dress.

"Did you know your ass is like a perfect sphere? It's so round and full. Patrick is truly the biggest idiot on the planet," Desiree stated.

"Ok that's it," Bridget walked over to her door and took her silk robe off the hook and slipped it onto her body. She walked back to her closet, "So about this white dress."

"I like it, and I like that black one you tried on," Desiree admitted.

"Great, now I just need shoes," Bridget stated.

"All of these damn shoes and you mean to tell me you can't find one pair to go with that dress?" Desiree asked.

"I'm sure I'll find something, I just don't have much time, I have to take Ben to Patrick's and then make my way to the airport," Bridget said.

"Let me take you, I have to pick up Quentin anyway," Desiree shrugged.

"I might take you up on that offer, are you ok Des?" Bridget asked.

Desiree patted her lap, Bridget sat on it, "I haven't seen him in a while and the last time we spoke...we argued about his sister, Rachel."

"That's the famous ex girlfriend, isn't she?" Bridget asked.

"Yeah, I just don't want him to think I don't care about our friendship because I do," Desiree said.

"Desiree...what exactly happened between you two, please tell me, it's haunting you...and me," Bridget stated.

Desiree sighed, "She...wanted me to marry her, I didn't. All I wanted to do was focus on basketball, I didn't care that she was moving to New York and wanted me to come with her. I pushed her away and now...I'm lonely. It hurts that she didn't support my dream though, I knew I was going to get drafted."

"Well of course, you're very talented, didn't she know that?" Bridget asked.

"I thought she did, she told me to let go of my fantasy, that if I was going to get signed it would've happened by then. She wanted me to take my degree and move to NY with her," Desiree said.

"She doesn't seem very supportive but I'm sorry that it didn't work out between you two," Bridget said.

"Oh don't apologize, I'm fine. She wasn't the one and that was my sign. When I do get married I want my wife to love me and everything that I love, including basketball," Desiree chuckled.