Chapter 55- I'm Down

Desiree yawned when she woken up by Brittney, her roommate for their time in New York, "Hmm?"

"Get up and shower, we have to leave soon," she stated.

Desiree sat up and rubbed her eyes, "It's like 7am."

Brittney chuckled, "It's more like noon, we're on New York time now player."

Desiree groaned before checking her phone, she had picture from Bridget, she opened it and laughed at loud when she saw her wife and Donovan smiling with the dog filter from snapchat on their faces. Then she noticed a very odd text:

Mackenzie: Tell your wife to mind her damn business, she's trying to make me out as the enemy. I've done nothing wrong.

Desiree sighed and shook her head before replying.

You have done something wrong you psycho, you're holding her best friend hostage, what did you expect? I'll handle it, you just make sure you stay away from her.

Desiree hopped out of bed and went to go shower, when she came out, she noticed Brittney had left the room. She sighed as she sat back down on the bed in a towel, she was so tired, she just wanted to sleep. She knew this is what she signed up for though so she'd try her best to push through. She noticed a new text message:

Mackenzie: I will if she stays away from me. Have a good game Knight.

Sure will.

Desiree didn't trust Mackenzie, she was pissed to find out that Bridget had been meddling, shook her head before texting Jason:

J, you're back on house watch.

XXXXX

"How are you feeling?" Bridget asked Scarlett for the third time that morning.

Scarlett chuckled, "I'm fine Bridget, just fine. You don't have to keep asking."

"I'm sorry, it's just that...well I don't, I promised Desiree-"

"I know," Scarlett nodded, "I feel just fine though, I feel better even."

"Ok good," Bridget smiled, "Leigh and Nathan are suppose to be visiting you soon, I suggested that we all watch the game here."

Scarlett smiled, "That'll be great, I appreciate it. Where are my grand babies?"

"With Steph downstairs, getting something to eat," Bridget nodded.

Scarlett watched Bridget carefully for a while, "...Bridget?"

"Yes?" She questioned.

"Are you alright?" The older woman asked.

"Yes, why do you ask?" She questioned.

"Well you seem a little...off. You haven't sat down not once since you've been here and I can't help but think something's on your mind," she stated.

"I'm thinking about Emily, I'm scared for her," Bridget sighed, "I know she's a grown woman and makes her own decisions but I can't help but think that...maybe—I know I can help her somehow..."

"You can only help people that want to be helped." Scarlett stated.

"She doesn't understand that she doesn't need a romantic kind of love to be happy, I just—I need to talk to her." Bridget sighed.

"When she's ready to listen, God will schedule a time for you two to talk so until then, you don't need to stress your pretty self out," Scarlett said, "Especially not with my grand baby inside of you."