Chapter 39- Trouble in Paradise

Desiree pulled up outside of Diamond in the Rough, where Somara told her to pick her up. Somara came outside looking rather casual, jeans and a t-shirt. She hopped in the car with a smile, "Hello Adofo, nice car."

Desiree smiled, "Thanks. I don't think I've ever seen you wear jeans."

Somara chuckled, "I don't think I've ever seen you without a basketball jersey."

Desiree laughed, "Nice comeback. So where do you want to eat?"

"Uh I was actually hoping we could go to this place my dad owns," Somara said.

Desiree nodded, "Cool. Just tell me where to go."

As they drove Somara studied Desiree closely, something was bothering the woman and like always, she could tell, "Um actually can you make the next right."

"You said turn left though," Desiree gave her a confused look.

"I know, just follow directions and keep your eyes on the road. Make a right," Somara demanded.

Desiree chuckled and shook her head, "I don't know how Trevor deals with you."

"He deals with me because he doesn't have a choice not to. My husband is a very understanding man," Somara smiled.

Desiree scoffed, "Aren't you lucky."

XXXXX

"She's going to make me pull my hair out," Bridget said into her phone as she paced her and Desiree's bedroom.

"Stress isn't good for the baby," Emily stated.

"I'm not stressing, I promise. It's just she makes me so mad, she's gets upset about me kissing CJ but goes out with that bitch," Bridget said through gritted teeth, "I'm thinking about killing her when she gets home."

Emily chuckled, "I don't advise that love... Brit relax, you trust Desiree right?"

"It's not about trust, it's about respect. I would never go out with somebody she didn't want me to," Bridget said as she continued to pace.

"I understand. Just try to calm down for me ok?" Emily asked.

"I'm trying. It doesn't make it better that my hormones are raging and I'm horny as hell," the brunette groaned.

"Tsk tsk, Knight's missing out," Emily shook her head as she hopped up and skipped to the door.

"Exactly, what am I going to do Em?" Bridget asked, her best friend didn't reply. Bridget huffed, "Emily?" All she heard were whimpers and kissing, "Is Leigh there?...EMILY?!"

"oh shit, sorry. Um yeah she's here," Emily said as Leigh picked her up, "Brit can I call you back?"

"Why is she there? I thought we discussed that she wasn't healthy for you," Bridget sighed, "You're going to regret this in the morning."

"I know I know. I gotta go," Emily said before hanging up the phone as Leigh attacked her neck.

XXXXX

"The gym?!" Desiree asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, In the car I could tell something was wrong so I decided to bring you to the gym let you shoot around, I know it clears your mind," Somara gave a small smile.

Desiree smiled, "That's sweet," she picked up a basketball and shot it from the bleachers and missed.

"Ummm maybe you need a little work," Somara said.

Desiree rolled her eyes, "There's just a lot on my mind."

"Explain," Somara said as she picked up a ball of her own.