Chapter 34- No mistake

Desiree placed soft kisses on her sleeping son's face and gently scratched his chest like Bridget showed her, "Wake up." The infant squirmed and stretched a bit before blinking his little eyes and smiling when he saw his mom. She picked him up and smiled, "Hey Donnie boy, let's check your diaper."

Ben shuffled into the room, "Ma?"

She looked at him from the changing table, "Yeah?"

"Do I have to be here when Aden and Victoria get here?" He asked.

She made a confused face, "Uh yes, how come you don't want to?"

"Because they call me names, beat me up and take over my PlayStation," he pouted.

"They're your older cousins, it's kind of their job to do those things but I won't stand for you getting beat up. Sometimes you have to put your foot down Benji," she said.

"But...they scare me," he mumbled.

"Kid, listen, you don't have to be scared of anybody. I'm here to protect you. If you want to hit them back-... No never mind. Look...They're your family, you guys have to learn how to get along. You know your mother won't stand for you fighting but I don't want you being a...punk," she stated.

"I'm not a punk!" He said defensively.

She chuckled, "I know that Ben, that's why you have to stand your ground. Tell them that if they can't play nice then they can just not even bother to come over."

He nodded in understanding before leaving out. She shook her head before heading downstairs with Donovan. Bridget was sitting on the couch watching Adventure Time, "Ooohh my favorite show!" Desiree squealed before sitting next to her.

Bridget chuckled, "You are truly a big kid babe."

"Yeah yeah," she placed Donnie on his blanket on the floor and he instantly took off crawling, "I'll never get tired of watching him do that. I can't believe we created a life."

"Me either, he is truly something," Bridget smiled as she watched him play.

Desiree laid her head in Bridget's lap, "If feels so nice to just relax."

Bridget nodded, "I know," she began to play in Desiree's hair, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, so I was thinking about Christmas and I think we should go to Aspen or Africa...I figured we could choose between cold or hot," Desiree smirked.

Bridget smiled, "I have never been anywhere but home on Christmas so this should be fun."

"Why are you smiling so hard?" Desiree chuckled, "We haven't even decided where we are going yet."

Bridget blushed, "I don't know...it's just," she bit her lip briefly before shaking her head, "Never mind it's silly."

"No...tell me. I want to know," Desiree said.

Bridget looked down at the curly beauty in her lap, "It's just that Patrick never suggested anything like that, I always felt like Ben needed to experience the other aspects of life which is why I took him to Africa with me. I guess it just feels good to have someone spontaneous."

"When are you going to realize that I'm not Patrick?...I'm better," the woman chuckled, "I'm going to make everything holiday, birthday, and family vacation worth our while. I want us to keep learning each other, how the hell can we do that if we're stuck in the house? We have to travel, I want my sons to have as good as of childhood as I did. My mother was alone and broke, and still managed to keep us satisfied. Even though I'm more wealthy than she was when she had kids, I still want to keep up with her."