4

I turned around quickly and made my way out of the cafe
"Prudence wait" I heard John call to me, catching up as I walked down the street
"Leave me alone I don't want to speak to you John" I said as I continued walking
"I tried calling you but I couldn't never find your number, I tried to get in touch, I realised that I was an idiot. I wanted to be there for you and our baby"
"My baby" I spat
He paused as we carried on walking
"I'm going home, stop following me"
"Please, let me come with you, let me explain at least"
I didn't say anything, we kept walking
----
"Nice place you've got here" he said as he sat down on my sofa
"Don't get comfy" I muttered
I looked at the clock it was 3:05pm, Sadie would be back from school in 25 minutes, that's if she didn't decide to go out somewhere else 
"My daughter will be back from school soon, I want you gone before she gets back" I said
"What's her name?" He asked
"Why should you know?"
"Well I'm her father aren't I?"
"No. Your not. She doesn't have a father, and she definitely doesn't need one"
"We both created her"
"That means nothing. A father is someone who sticks by their child through thick and thin. You wanted nothing to do with me or my baby"
"Prudence, I tried to get back in contact with you but I couldn't get your number, I asked around, I tried to find people who knew you but I had no luck. I wanted to be in our daughters life, I wanted to be a father but it wasn't possible"
"Bullshit John! Don't come up to me with your stupid excuses! You knew where I lived, You have no excuse for not being there for 15 fucking years!"
He looked down "I'm sorry alright! I was a fucking idiot, I know. At least let me meet her today?"
"No"
"What-"
"I said fucking no! She doesn't need you here"
"She deserves to know who her father is"
"Yes she does deserve to know, but you don't deserve to be in her life"
"Prudence, I'm sorry"
"I don't need your stupid apologies" I turned around, my back now facing him as a tear slipped down my cheek.
He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder
"Don't touch me John" I spat
"Please don't cry"
"I needed someone to help me, all times I woke up in the night hearing her cry, struggling to feed her when I had low money. Just struggling to look after her as a single mum, with no experience at all. I needed someone and no one was there!" I started crying harder "the times she would tell me that I'm a terrible mother and that she hates me. The times I struggled to sleep because she was out all night. You have no fucking idea how hard that was for me!"
He brought me into a hug, I didn't try to decline it. It felt good to finally have someone with me. It felt like a break from everything.
---
Thank you for reading (: hope you enjoyed it