8

I woke up and got out of bed, I went and checked if Sadie was in but she wasn't in her room so I figured she had gone out.
I needed to go to the shop to get some more milk so I decided to go for a shower and get ready to leave.
——
I was walking through the shop when something caught my eye, a news paper. I stopped and read the headline "Mystery woman seen with John Lennon the evening before he left back to New York" below was a photo of me and John sat at the cafe yesterday.
"Fucksake" I muttered, I didn't need any attention from the media.
I grabbed what I needed and paid at the check out, I left the shop and lit a cigarette outside. I inhaled as I thought if I needed to go anywhere else before going home.
"Could I just pinch your lighter real quickly" I heard as my thoughts were interrupted. I looked up and saw a man stood in front of me
"Oh yeah sure" I said and passed him my lighter, he lit his cigarette and gave me it back.
He paused and looked at me.
"You that girl in the papers with Lennon?" He asked
"Erm, yeah I am, h-he was just an old friend and we were meeting for a coffee" I said quickly.
"Would of loved to of known him back in the day" he spoke "I'm Andy by the way"
"I'm Prudence" I smiled, he had dark brown messy hair, and deep blue eyes. He was very attractive.
"Do you wanna grab a drink one evening?" He asked
I was a little shocked as I had only just met this guy but I agreed anyway. We exchanged numbers and then parted our separate ways.
——
I got home and Sadie was sat at the table eating toast.
"I've just been to the shop to get a few things" I said as I walked past her, emptying the shopping bag. She ignored me and carried on eating. I went over and sat down at the table with her.
"Sadie look-"
"How do you think you can make this situation any better Mum?" She interrupted harshly.
"Me and John" I paused trying to think what to say to her. "We had a one night thing years ago, he wasn't ready for another child, he had his career to think about-"
"So I was just a mistake" she interrupted again
"I didn't say that"
"You didn't need to" she spat.
"Do you hate me?" I asked her, holding the tears back.
She paused "I don't hate you Mum, I'm just... angry"
Before I could say something she spoke again "I don't want anything to do with John, I just want things to be how they were before he came back" she stood up and went back upstairs to her bedroom.
I respected her choice, if she didn't want to see him then she didn't have to.
——
Thank you for reading!