Meeting The Pevensie Kids

Katharina POV
I was sitting in the Professor's office. I sighed. It been years since I was send away from Narnia by my godfather, Aslan and every day I miss my land. But I was starting to lose hope that I will return to Narnia. Even if the Professor keep saying that I should keep faith that one day I will return.

Today Ms. Macready was bringing four kids to stay at the Professor's Mansion, because of the war. I was quite enthusiastic; I didn't have so many friends, not many kids live near here.

"Katharina, would you mind putting this book back to the library?" The Professor asked me, holding out a brown leather book. "Of course," I said with a smile as I took the book and walked out of the office.

"Professor Kirke is not accustomed to having children in his house," I heard Ms. Macready's voice. I looked down from the top of the stair to see her and four kids; The Pevensie siblings. "And as such, there are a few rules we need to follow: There will be no shouting . . . or running. No improper use of the dumbwaiter --"

One of the girls reached out to touch the sculpture. "NO touching of the historical artefacts! And above all, there shall be no disturbing of the Professor," Ms. Macready said and she pointed at the stairs to the door of the Professor's office. The kids followed her finger to the office's door and to me.

I smiled and waved at them. I walked down the stairs. "Hello, Ms. Macready," I said with a smile. "Hello, Katharina," She said with a smile and then turned to the kids. "Children, this is the Professor's granddaughter, Katharina," She introduced me.

Ms. Macready didn't know that I was from Narnia. She didn't even know about Narnia.

"Would you mind, dear, to show them where their bedrooms are?" Ms. Macready asked me. "Of course," I replied with a smile and she gave me a smile before walking away.

The kids stood in front of me. "I'm Peter," The eldest blonde boy introduced himself. "And this is Susan." He pointed at the older brunette girl. "Lucy." He pointed to the youngest, who smiled at me and waved. I smiled. "And this is Edmund." Peter pointed to the brunette boy.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said with a smile. "You very pretty," Lucy said to me. I giggled. "Thank you, Lucy," I said as Susan put her hand on Lucy's shoulder and they all smiled at her. "Come on, I'll show you the bedrooms," I said.

While walking though the hallways upstairs, me and Susan were ahead from everyone else having a conversation.

"So how long have you live with your grandfather?" She asked. "Since I was five," I replied. "What about your parents?" She asked. "They died when I was five. So I was sent to live here," I replied.

"I'm sorry about your parents," She said, giving me a sad look but I gave her a small smile. I felt a small hand taking mine and looked down to see Lucy, smiling at me. She's so adorable. I smiled back at her.

...................    

It was now evening. I walked through the hallway to Susan and Lucy bedroom with extra blankets. When I entered, I saw that Peter was here with the girls. "Hey, I brought some more blankets," I said and put them at the end of Lucy's bed.

"Thank you," Peter said to me and we stare at each other for a moment before Lucy talked, "The sheets feel scratchy," She said and we looked at her. "Wars don't last forever, Lucy. We'll be home soon," Susan promised.

Just then Edmund walked in. "If home's still there," He said. "Isn't time you were in bed?" Susan asked him. "Yes, Mum!" Edmund said. "Ed!" Peter said and he glared at Edmund before turning back to Lucy. "You saw the outside. This place is huge. We can do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's going to be great . . . Really," He promised.

"You know, there's a horse stable," I said and they all looked to me. "Just across the house. We have a lot of horses there. They're mine," I said with a smile. Now, Lucy was smiling. "Really?"

"Yes, I could take all of you to horseback riding. How's does that sound?" I asked them. "That's sound wonderful!" Susan said with a smile and the boys nodded. "Aright!" Lucy said with a smile and I chuckled.