Coronation and The Hunting of the White Stag

Today was a special day, it was time for the Coronation. Our Coronation. The castle was enormous with the surrounding kingdom even larger. Just like I remember.

For the coronation, Susan and Lucy walked on Aslan's right down the aisle, while Peter, me and Edmund walked on Aslan's left. This was the way the thrones were to be. Edmund on the far side, then me, then Peter, Susan and then last was Lucy.

Centaurs lined up on either side of the aisle, their swords drawn and hold up pointed up making a sort of arc for us to walk under. We each walked up to our thrones. Peter's was right in the middle. We turned to face the audience of Narnians that were crammed inside to see our coronation. Aslan also turned to face the crowd.

Once we were all standing in position, Aslan began to speak. "To the glistening eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant." We looked at Lucy and saw her smiling and surprise at the name but very pleased. I smiled.

Mr. and Ms. Beaver carried forward the crowns on pillows. Mr. Tumnus followed behind them, a brand new scarf wrapped loosely around his neck.

Mr. Tumnus picked up Lucy's crown and approached Lucy and gently placed it on her head. Lucy smiled up at him and he beamed proudly down at her.

"To the great western woods, King Edmund, the Just." Mr. Tumnus took the larger crown and placed this one on Edmund's head. Then he took another crown and approached Susan.

"To the radiant southern sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." Mr. Tumnus placed the crown on Susan's head as she bowed for him and then stood up straight.

Mr. Tumnus took another crown. "To the north star above, High Queen Katharina, the Protector." Mr. Tumnus stopped in front of me and gently placed the crown on my head I smiled at him and he beamed proudly at me just as he did with Lucy.

I glanced at Aslan and he smiled proudly at me as well and I smiled at him before sharing a smile with Peter and Edmund, who sat on either side of me. Mr. Tumnus took the last and second larger crown.

"And to the clear northern skies, High King Peter, the Magnificent." Peter rose and stood tall.

Carefully, each of us sat back in our seats. Aslan then turned to face us in our thrones and proclaimed, "Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen." He smiled at each of us in turn as he said, "By the old King and Queen, may your wisdom grace us until the stars come raining down from the heavens." He smiled at me when he spoke about the King and Queen. He was talking about my parents and I couldn't help but to smile.

Then Aslan and the Narnians began cheering together,
"Long live King Peter!"
"Long Live Queen Katharina!"
"Long live King Edmund!"
"Long live Queen Susan!"
"Long live Queen Lucy!"

After the coronation, I walked over to Aslan, who was approaching the beach. He turned to look at me as I approached him. "Will you walk with me?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Your parents would be proud of you," He spoke and I smiled. "Thank you," I said and he smiled as we continued walking along the beach, I watched as the mermaids flipped and danced in the water.

I sighed sadly and looked back to Aslan, "Are you leaving again?" He nodded, sadly, "Don't worry, you know I'll come back. Right now, I know Narnia is in safe hands." I glanced up at the castle and spotted Lucy and Mr. Tumnus staring at us from the balcony.

I turned back to Aslan, "What now?" I asked. He smiled kindly, "You'll be alright, my child. I wouldn't leave you if your wouldn't." I giggled softly with the tears felling from my eyes. "I'll miss you," I said. He smiled sadly, "So will I, my child. So will I."